Chapter 12: Comrades Have Worked Hard

Early morning.

Xia Zuoyi wakes up amidst the sounds of seabirds, slowly crawls out the bed, and grunts with a slightly sleepy nasal voice, "Udit, I'm up."

"I'm here, my lord."

Udit's voice resounded at the foot of the bed.

Xia Zuoyi turned around, looked over in a daze, yawned, and sat up. The soft pajamas were attached to his body, and the hem was slightly curled, revealing a white and tender belly.

Udit walked to the bed and pulled the pajamas gently, then said, "Are you ready to wash? My lord."

"Yeah." Xia Zuoyi nodded softly.

Udit immediately rang the bell.

Not for a while.

Kelly opened the door and walked in with a basin of water and toiletries. Toby followed behind, with a towel in his hand.

Xia Zuoyi took the towel and wiped his face after washing, and asked vaguely, "Does Gibran have a math test today?"

Toby, "Yes, my lord, my brother got up early and went to Grandpa Nick's place."

Nick is the name of the old treasurer.

In order to allow Gibran to learn more efficiently, Xia Zuoyi mentioned a few words to the old treasurer without a trace, so that the knowledge he was going to be assessed was made into the style of a test paper.

There is a quiz every half month and a big exam every month.

Gibran's daily studies are arranged to the full—literacy, mathematics, how to do business, etc.

Sometimes, Xia Zuoyi would pretend and go to class with him. After all, he could not be an illiterate lord.

Even if he spent three days fishing and two days drying the net, he can still get full marks in the exam.

The servants in the castle agreed that the young earl is a genius!

After Udit helped Xia Zuoyi get dressed, he asked, "My lord, are you going to take the exam today?"

Xia Zuoyi shook his head, "No, let Nick keep the exam papers for me, I'll do it when I'm free. I'm going to the alchemy room today."

He needs to use alchemy experiments to show the efficacy of herbs little by little.

Prior to this, his preparation was to order people to dig up some unusual or rare plants on Pal Mountain, and then bring them to the castle.

After a period of time, let the knight publish a notice in the city.

It states that if civilians or slaves find or pick plants with unknown species and names, they can use these plants to exchange for a certain amount of copper coins in the castle.

Over time, almost everyone in Wissas became aware of it—Lord Earl seemed to be studying alchemy about plants.

Later, in exchange for copper coins, civilians or slaves often went up the mountain to search or search in other places, and the number of plants sent to the castle began to double.

Xia Zuoyi's approach was very effective.

By comparing the pictures in "Encyclopedia of Chinese Herbal Medicine and Detailed Explanations", he quickly discovered herbs such as mugwort, plantain, nettle, and other herbs among many plants.

He has been immersed in the alchemy room for experiments these days, he's also studying how to make herbs or ointments.

For this reason, he exchanged his reputation points for the two books "Chinese Herbal Medicine Formula" and "Chinese Herbal Ointment Encyclopedia". The study time of three days of fishing and two days of drying the net slowly passed in the system reading.