Chapter 32: They All Want To Travel Again

Almost all Traks were settled.

Walker led Barnard and the other knights to Gaynor on a "business trip" to continue recruiting people.

The weather is gradually getting warmer.

The entire Wissas and Fort Comoy began to get busy.

The plan for urban construction in the next five years has been initially implemented.

Residential areas, administrative areas, commercial areas, and so on were the first to be planned out. Reasonable arrangements were also needed for the spatial layout and land use of the two cities.

There are too many factors to consider from all aspects.

Xia Zuoyi asked Conrad to convene engineers at any time in the guild to discuss and talk about countermeasures.

Everyone needs to write a detailed and precise plan, which is then summarized by Conrad and handed to him.

After all, collective strength is like iron and steel, and the wisdom of the people is like the sun and the moon.

Engineers: Increasingly getting bald day by day.

Fifteen days later, after repeated revisions, rejections, and revisions...

Xia Zuoyi finally finalized a complete plan and drawings.

He decided that the first area to be built in the two cities was the residential area. The housing problem was solved first, and everything else was easy to say.

However, for the building materials.

Xia Zuoyi denied Conrad's intent of wanting to use wood entirely.

"No, let's not talk about Fort Comoy for the time being. Wissas is near the sea. If wood is used entirely, there are no good waterproof and moisture-proof preparation measures..."

"In the long run, houses are easy to be corroded by water vapor, and they are also prone to fire, so their service life must be very short."

Besides, the construction of houses in the residential areas in the city is not small, the finished timber will definitely be in short supply.

"No, not possible." Xia Zuoyi denied it again.

Conrad also felt helpless and embarrassed about this problem.

He said, "But if you don't use wood, you have to use rammed earth..."

The strength and durability of rammed earth houses are worse and are more susceptible to water vapor corrosion than wooden houses. It may even collapse after heavy rain...

Although the law of Gadaat Kingdom does not stipulate that civilians are not allowed to use stone materials for construction, it's customary.

Besides, civilians can't afford stones.

If you choose stone buildings, the funds that have been roughly calculated so far need to be calculated again.

Xia Zuoyi, "If the stone is crushed, and soil and other raw materials are added to it... can it be made into a new material for building?"

—Bricks.

This world is indeed formed because of a novel, as 098 said, resulting in an incomplete world line...

Although its background is of the early Middle Ages in the West, part of the historical trend is quite different and deviated from the actual Middle Ages in the West.

For example, the emergence of red bricks. It was invented by the ancient Romans very early.

There is no Rome in this fictional world, so there are no bricks?