Chapter 14: 098 Returned

This year, the winter in Wissas is calm and peaceful.

The feather-like snow came as scheduled.

In only one night, Wissas became a vast expanse of white, with crystal snowflakes covering the streets, roofs, and treetops. In the distance, Pal Mountain is also covered with a layer of silver, which made it look very beautiful.

Early morning.

Old Andrew pushed the door open, let out a sigh of relief, rubbed his cold palms, and took out a shovel to clean the snow accumulated outside the house.

After a while, Mok, who lives next door, also walked out, and after greeting each other, they started to shovel snow while chatting.

The content of their conversation was nothing more than their daily work and the situation of their sons in the soldier training camp.

Drying salt in the summer, scooping up salt in winter.

The Cogit Sea is still magnificent, and the salt fields on the coast are still busy.

But recently, due to the influence of heavy snow, the work on the salt drying plant has been temporarily suspended, and the amount of work on the production line has decreased a lot.

Although he couldn't go to the saltern because of the heavy snow, old Andrew didn't panic at all.

His wife became a cook in the subsidy station, the money was settled every day, and two copper coins were given out every night when she returned home.

Not only that but those who volunteered to work at the subsidy station were given two coats to keep warm on the first day.

The thick coat he was wearing was brought back by his wife.

Mok sighed, "I heard that Earl Beavis Elliott ordered the gates of Fort Comoy to be closed again. Now no one can come out and no one can enter... Fortunately, we left Fort Comoy early.."

Old Andrew was indeed very thankful.

Had it not been for his son to steal money from him and pay the head tax and then run to sign up, he would not dare to expect such a good life now. He's afraid he would have been regretful as a slave trapped in Fort Comoy.

Old Andrew thought of his son, and also thought that the three-month exercise assessment is also approaching.

"Mike came back last time and said that this quarter's assessment will go to the northwest side of Pal Mountain for actual combat exercises. The two commanders have already led people to survey the terrain in advance. At that time, the lord will go with them."

Mok did hear about it from his son Myer.

The northwest of Pal Mountain is remote and dangerous. People have gone missing there before, others have been dragged away by brown bears... almost no civilians or slaves will go there.

Since learning the news.

Mork was a little worried.

Old Andrew is very open-minded, "What is the danger? All the soldiers in the soldier training camp will go, and the knight commanders will lead them. Even the wolves have to stay away."

Mok nodded, his heart relaxed slightly.

He said with admiration, "Your Mike is really amazing."

"Not only did he win first place in the exercise and received a reward, but he also became the squad leader. I heard that he is now highly regarded by the knight commander."

Old Andrew is proud, "He has always been very assertive and very hardworking."

Three days before the start of the winter drill.