Chapter 16: A Heaven-Sent Opportunity

In the cave, there are not only two humming little milk tigers.

Xia Zuoyi looked around, and even when the light was slightly dim, he could still see clearly that there were many different sizes and shapes of rock asphalt embedded in the rock crevices on the mountain wall.

Some have already rolled down on the ground, spreading a thin layer.

"Udit, why are these stones black?"

He said, picking up a small piece of asphalt from the ground and handing it to the butler standing behind him.

Udit took it and took a closer look, then frowned, "My lord, this doesn't seem to be a stone... Can you let me take a closer look?"

Xia Zuoyi got up and retreated to the back, giving up the place. The two little tigers also stumbled and followed.

Udit came forward, squatted beside the cliff, observed carefully, and said hesitantly after watching, "My lord, this seems to be a...ore, isn't it..."

He used the handle of the dagger he carried with him to strike the crack in the wall of the mountain.

A lot of black ore fell down, and a layer formed at his feet, but more ore was revealed in the cracks.

"Udit."

Xia Zuoyi suddenly called him from behind, and when Udit turned his head, he pointed to the side of the mountain wall, "There seems to be..."

A few scattered black ores are hidden in the rock interlayer, which is not as conspicuous as the most exposed surface.

Udit took a deep breath and said, "My lord, we should have discovered a mineral vein."

It happened that a soldier came over and told them that the two commanders had already interrogated the chief envoy, asking the earl to make a decision.

Xia Zuoyi, "Udit, don't make a public announcement about the discovery of the vein. Wait until this incident subsides."

"Yes, my lord."

Xia Zuoyi bent over and hugged the two little tigers with difficulty. Refusing Udit's help, he slowly walked out with a tiger's belly in each hand.

After going out, he got a lot of surprised eyes.

Fernandi and Walker interrogated the prisoners separately, and finally verified the confessions.

This time, the people who ambushed Xia Zuoyi in Pal Mountain were the result of a conspiracy by Beavis Elliott and Matthew Luke, an earl of the Kingdom of Gaynor.

Xia Zuoyi frowned, and the earl of the Gaynor Kingdom was also involved. No wonder there were a lot of people ambushing in the small valley. It can be seen that both of them sent knights to kill him.

He looked at Fernandi and asked, "Have you heard of Matthew Luke?"

Fernandi said in a deep voice, "...not only heard but also met. He is a subordinate vassal of Marquis Bruno Green. "

Walker William raised his eyebrows when he heard his words, "Does your original lord know that his vassal's hand stretched so long? He had reached the territory of our Gadaat Kingdom."

"Walker." Xia Zuoyi gave him a warning look.

"I don't mean anything else, my lord." Walker smiled with his hands raised on both sides of his head.

Fernandi looked indifferent and said nothing.

Xia Zuoyi said, "What else did they say?"

Walker, "Matthew Luke came to Gadaat personally and is currently a guest at Beavis Elliott's castle."