Chapter 36: Short Legs Are A Problem

The Holy See is undoubtedly an aloof and special force on the Western Continent.

The brilliance of the God of Creation sprinkles all things in the world.

As an existence that serves God and is closest to God, the Holy See has the absolute right to speak and deal with things to a certain extent.

Gadaat is a small country. In order to show respect for the Holy See, a majestic and spectacular temple was specially built in the royal city of Keys.

The church has a large floor area, strong and heavy walls, semi-circular arches, and towering domes... The interior is decorated with exquisite murals and sculptures.

The first half of the church is the central hall and prayer room where nobles and civilians come to pray on weekdays, as well as the private mourning rooms for their families.

The second half is where the clergy of the church are allowed to enter.

Marco Case and Xia Zuoyi were forced to run back.

The walls of the church corridor are carved with detailed relief patterns and the windows are open high, but the light is dim because they are inlaid with colored glass paintings.

And then refracted in the corridor, it creates a mysterious atmosphere and a solemn feeling.

Marco Case takes advantage of the inner corner of the church to throw away the royal knights who were chasing after them.

After waiting for the footsteps to fade away.

He ducked into a room at the edge of the corridor, holding Xia Zuoyi in his arms.

Xia Zuoyi hurriedly strove down, and said, "You are injured."

Although he was a bit dizzy just now because he was caught between his waist, he heard the sound of a spear piercing his body.

And accompanied by a very obvious smell of blood.

Marco Case supported his body with the snatched weapon and slowly sat down against the wall.

He was stabbed in the back by a knight's spear, his robe was soaked with blood, and his face is frowning because of the pain he's enduring. He couldn't help laughing bitterly at Xia Zuoyi's words, "When you get old, your actions will become unskillful. Otherwise, I will definitely be able to take you out of the church."

"Why did you save me?"

Xia Zuoyi is puzzled, his eyes complicated, "You are already an enemy of Bass Richards..."

Marco Case shook his head, "If we don't associate with them, we can only be enemies."

"How could I watch you, a child, being killed in front of me."

"What's more, I can't agree with Bass Richards to be king. He planned all this, designed to kill the prince and the entire royal family. It's a serious crime..."

"Bass Richards is not qualified to be on the throne at all."

He slowly said, "Also, Bishop Bolton also participated in it. He violated the holy will of the Holy See. This is disrespect to the God of Creation."

"Thank you." Xia Zuoyi thanked him sincerely, after all, the situation just now was indeed dangerous for him.

Marco Case saved him.

Noisy and chaotic sounds were constantly coming from far away to the outside of the room.

There were people breaking into the church, so there were not many knights chasing them.