Shocked

Emerson

Although, it's just Six in the morning and my office opens at seven, after getting ready in the blue suit with white shirt and blue pants, which I asked my assistant to deliver me here, I decided to leave but Kate, stop me and my parents for breakfast.

I didn't wanted to stay but my mom advised me because , she wants to know our decision and my decision solely depends on Selena's whatever she decides would be mine decision, I thought about it a lot last night, and came to a conclusion that, this marriage would only be a marriage of convenience, and if I said no than they'll find someone else as Sally's partner which isn't good for my niece and nephew as well for Sally, I know that I'm being selfish, but the thought of seeing Sally with someone else, sends painful feelings all over my body, at the same time, I think that, She don't deserve me, I fear myself that I may hurt her unknowingly.

We're all settled but , Sally's chair was still empty, my eyes was fixed on that empty chair rather than on my breakfast, I knew that four of them noticed me looking at the chair.

That's why my mom asked Kate, "Where's Sally? Is she not sober yet?" Kate cleared her throat and smiled, "She's an emergency at the hospital, and don't worry we settled our defences last night."

Even Brad didn't knew that, so he gave her a really look, and Kate nodded in return,"That's why you weren't in the room last half of the night. " She nodded, that's how Sally is, even when she knows that she's not wrong, she settled her differences with her mother,because the way she spoke with her mother, she must've felt  guilty and sleepless, She's someone who can't stay angry for a long time, I sighed at least she isn't sad now.

After we're finished and Jones the lady who used to be Sally's bestfriend and her nanny asked the staff members to pick up the dishes, and it's when I got up but my father cleared his throat motioning me, to sit, I know he wants to talk about my decision.

"Dad, I'm getting late. As for my decision I'll do whatever pleases Selena." I grabbed my belongs and got up, although I knew that Sally will never agree to marry me, but still I was curious to know her decision.

"Do we've to wait here until, Sally return." Mom asked Sally's parents, "You know Sally,  very well, she'll not let people wait for long, so before leaving she asked me that do whatever situation demands and in favour of her kids." Her dad replied, and that's the thing left me shocked, I didn't saw it coming never , imagining Sally to be my wife a life partner .

"So, that means the decision is left on us." My mom said, I was about to go but stay glued on my chair, this can't be happening but this has to be happen.

Sally has changed a lot, in her younger days, she's too stubborn that if someone, had emotionally blackmailed her to marry someone, she'd have never agreed  but today, she's given up her selfishness for someone.

If she can why can't I, she is a very understanding person, and my no marriage policy is failed,so I can ask her to live her life she wants and let me live my live my ways, with no love involved, and if it happen then , I'm going to keep reminding myself as well as her,that were married because of the kids not for ourselve.

It's simple right? I asked myself.

"Emerson, thank you for understanding." My mother gave a pat on my back bringing me out of my thoughts, Sally literally left the decision on me and I was trying to leave it on her , we both were given chance but didn't used it wisely, don't know the decision would be right or wrong.

"Brad, we'll begin the preparations after two days, Emerson cancel our flights to England. " My dad spoke and now I  realised that we're going to shift here in , Seattle once again in our old house. Didn't knew the day would come, I  sighed, my life is going to change.

Selena

One of my patient just delivered a baby girl, and I was the first one to take her in my hands, she looked just like her mother, staring at me, She's just half an hour old , free from world's problems but can't say this about future, I sighed and handed her to her father because her mother was still unconscious because of the medicines.

After getting freshed, I was fussing over the fact that what would be happening back at home, praying internally that may Emerson refuse the proposal but deep down my heart wanted him once again, I can lie to every human but I can't lie to myself. It's when my phone buzzed and I saw the caller, ID it's an unknown number, I picked it up but shiver passed over me hearing a familiar husky voice.

"Hello Princess !" I heard Emerson speaking, How the hell he got my number, mom , who else it can be.

"Why's he using the my old nickname. Did he agreed?" I couldn't help but wondered and my heart skip a beat at that thought.

"What do you want?" I could imagine him smirking on other line of phone, a he's quite for a while.

"Straightforward as always, I want you to have dinner with me tonight." I heard him say, and tried to recall, Did I heard right?

"I'm sorry, can you please repeat  what you just said." I asked once again to make sure , I catch it right, I heard his beautiful chuckle, sending shiver down my spine.

"I want you to have dinner with me tonight, to discuss the terms and conditions of our marriage. " Those words spilled on my face like a thunderclap, I didn't see that coming .

Did Emerson Black agreed to make me his wife?