Friendship bond

The day finally arrived,  that I never knew was going to after my breakup with Emerson, the bad luck is my mother invited her whole family to be the witness, indirectly it's to show them,the children like Emerson more than they liked Ethan and that's the truth in these three days, they've made him their bestfriend and it's difficult for them to sleep without him, Emerson leaves my parents home late at night after children are asleep and he's back in morning before they woke up, I think they got their father figure which was missing from their life since the day they came in this world.

"I just pray to you Lord God , please don't let my and Emerson's relationship mess there future."  Knock at the door brought me out of my thoughts.

"Come in!" The door opened revealing, my one and only bestie Diana,  who wore a pink sundress she appeared to be pissed and I know the reason, I literally didn't get time to explain her about my marriage to my ex-boyfriend and the people who cared for you can never let you get hurted by the same person all over again.

Surprisingly, she didn't outburst just because she knew it's under pressure of my mother, I am doing it again who can better understand being emotionally blackmailed by family than her , there are innumerable similarities between me and her but the sole difference is she ran for her freedom on the other hand me ,was getting myself trap all over again.

But she had nothing  that was holding her back, you have everything to stay and get your dreams doomed.

"Hey!" I was the one to speak first, she rolled her eyes.

"Don't, Hey me." Diana is trying to be sound pissed, but I know she isn't.

"I mean,  I was out of the town for just a fraction of days and what I am back, I find my bestfriend in such a huge mess." She was now literally scolding me, she isn't my bestfriend just for name, she was worried for me and I liked it.

"You were so defensive, Selena when the same thing was happening with me in past and now, where all those weapons went, why can't I see them now?" She folded her hands over her chest and looked at me like a kindergarten teacher scolding her student, I couldn't help but smile, she slapped my hand.

"I am not joking here, Miss Walters." I rubbed the spot where she slapped and decided to spill the beans,  not that she doesn't know but still I want to be the storyteller of my story.

"You know Diana, the situation in which you were was completely different from mine, neither you nor I had anything to lose but now if I didn't do what my parents has asked me to, I am going to lose the reason of my life, plus marrying Emerson is not a big deal, we'll just live like friends." I tried to sound convinsing but she wasn't convinced, and gave me an incredulous look.

"Who on earth told you that living under the same roof with your ex is not a big deal, you've already done a mistake by caughting the disease called love." I replied and I don't want to confess but all she's saying was not completely wrong.

"Prevention is better than cure, Diana, as a doctor ,I'll try my best to make sure,I don't get that disease once again, moreover I'm immune to it." It's then she glared at me.

"Don't talk medical to me, Sally. I am also a doctor and I know disease causing organisms mutate what if his love to mutated than what will you do?" I wanted to chuckle but seeing, Diana's serious expression wasn't able to, it's when my mom called both of us,  and I internally thanked almighty for it, Diana gave me the conversation is not over look.

.

.

.....

I looked myself in the mirror,  it's the feeling of deja vù for me, but a lot of things has been changed since last time ,I wasn't getting a feeling that something bad is going to happen, second I found butterflies erupting in my stomach, Third a part of me was happy just because I am going to marry the guy,I love . The love that is one-sided and alive since years .

"You look beautiful." Diana said bringing me out of my thoughts, "Thank you." I replied and hugged her.

"You know, Sally, I am silent just because I trust Emerson,  he'll not do anything bad with you or the kids." She just said my words.

"I know." She kissed my cheeks and I rolled my eyes . "Don't act like my mom."

"You're like a child, Sally. Once you stop acting childish, I am going to stop acting like your mom." She made me chuckle, that's when,I  hear someone clearing their throat it was my mom and dad, with wet eyes.

"All the best, will see you outside." I patted my back and left. After, Diana left my mom and dad gave me a group hug.

"We may not be the best, mom dad, Selena but let us confess that, you were always our favourite child in our three children. " My dad for the first time confessed and mom nodded.

"You're our strongest child, James and Camelia were weak in every aspect of life but you were always strong,  they needed someone's support to survive but you didn't, and we never wanted to spoil you to be dependent on someone. " My mom confessed with tears in her eyes, it was getting emotional atmosphere here, and the last thing I want to do is to cry.

"We love you, Selena. It's just that we don't show but we do love you, your mom used to keep an eye on you while getting James and Camelia ready for school, I on the other hand always came to check you at night,  to cover you with the blanket because I knew your habit of sleeping with the novel in your hand and your spectacles on." Dad managed to made tears built up in my eyes, it's him who covered me with a blanket and poor me thought it was our who housekeeper did it.

"I couldn't sleep without seeing you sleeping, when you used to study for hours to get into med school,  your dad used to lie that he had work , so he wouldn't come to room to sleep but isn't he keep checking you out if you need something,  plus Jones wasn't the one who brought coffee for you it was your dad." My mom said proudly and I looked my dad for confirmation but he was giving my mother, it wasn't necessary look.

They made this hard for me, I wanted to stay in the arms of my parents for a longer time but the wedding planner informed me that now it was time to leave, it was time to be, Mrs Black.