Honeymoon

Emerson

Selena, seemed off after meeting with a man who's an alien in my eyes, or she's sad because of Camelia, I think it's because of the second option. Something had happened, she wasn't in her usual self and it's bothering me.

When it's time for our first dance,together as husband and wife, I recall her saying in past that if she marries me in future, she's not going to learn to dance because she thinks it's just a waste of time. But again I was left awestruck by her amazing dance moves, Selena learnt dancing.

"When did you managed to learn dancing?" I asked,although she's zoned out but she fake smiled and said. "I never said, I'll not learn dancing if I married someone other than you."

"You're an exception back then." I gave her an amusing look.

"I learnt it recently, when I was marrying, Ethan." She spoke carefully, as she never told about her marriage to me in person, and I am still mad at her for keeping children away from me for this long, moreover I still feared ,What if I never agreed to kidnap her,she and the children would have ended up at Ethan's mercy, and as far as I know about him,he doesn't seem to be a nice man.

She noticed the change in my behaviour, "Loo_" before she'd speak something, I cut her off by saying, that. "I am not leaving, that topic, without hearing your explanation, and right now it's not the right time. " She nodded and I felt my mood turning sour, so I decided to end our dance, and call the day off.

"I'm sorry" I found, Selena saying, but I ignored her and decided to call the driver, mom and dad planned a short trip to Paris for us to show, the relatives and the world that were going on honeymoon and for me in reality it's a great opportunity to ask her,some heartbreaking questions and to spend time with her. Talking about the children, they stay with our parents, they've planned a hiking trip.

....

SELENA

I knew, the day would be arriving sooner or later, when I've to answer, his questions. He seemed to be hurt by the fact that,I choose someone else over him, to share the responsibility of the children .

And if the kids weren't in the picture, would had he reacted the same way, although I've have many other things to worry about right now, but seeing the angry aura coming from him,sets an unsettling feeling in my stomach.

"Are you angry with me?" I couldn't help but ask , he just ignored me and kept typing on his phone. I don't like it when people ignore me but still I suppressed my ego for him.

"So, you're giving me silent treatment now. " I rolled my eyes and said.

"Isn't to soon for you to take up my husband's role." I again tried to be a catalyst in beginning a conversation with him. On my comment he rolled his eyes.

I won!

"First of all, Selena I didn't married you to be your husband, I married you for the sake of my sister's kids. Moreover, I don't think there was any need of this marriage, if your mother had her inheritance and her family's tradition wasn't so backward. " He spoke, I don't know why but his words broke something in my heart,  I felt an urge to cry but I don't want to show him ,that he has this much enormous effect on me.

I felt his eyes on me, but I refused to look up just because I don't want to show him moisture in my eyes, "Secondly, Selena I am not angry but hurt just because you choose someone like Ethan,over your bestfriend, to share such an enormous responsibility,  I know I was being a jerk in past but atleast you'd have contacted me." I don't wanted to reply and he didn't wanted to stop asking, he just wanted to vomit every single thing that he kept inside him since the day he returned from England.

"What if you'd have married him?"

"I felt so sad back in summer camp , after knowing that Peter and Lily, hate the man whom their guardian was marrying. " his voice grew hoarse, and his eyes grew red, even my own and I realised the tears that I was holding now started streaming down my cheeks.

That's when, Emerson stopped speaking,and his eyes grew gentle he took out his white handkerchief and offered it to me,I took it and tried to relax myself, everything he said was correct, and even if I want to I cannot justify my actions.

I took few deep breaths and sighed "Emer...son y..u wa..nt to k..now th..e re..ason, a..nd I w..ill te..ll yo..u t..hat." that's when he put his finger on my lips and said.

"Selena you're not alone responsible for all this. "

"My parents are at fault too.I'm sorry,  I let my anger out on you and it'd be better if we delay this talk for another day. Because we've a flight to catch and we're already tired because of the wedding preparations. " I with no energy left to argue anymore agreed, today has indeed being a long day and after this incident, no conversation between me or him happened.