A Tokka Story pt.5

Toph slightly opened her eyes, a bad headache woke her up completely, making her notice Sokka sitting on the bed while staring at her.

"how do you feel? i brought you some water" said he handing a glass to her

"thanks" said she taking it

then there was silence...not an awkward one...he was lost in her eyes,she eventually smiled,

Sokka spoke "so...how did you sleep?" Toph looked down "not so well since you were screaming all along"

Sokka at her words froze "I- how- ugh..." he muttered, she placed her hand on his shoulder "whos...whos Yue?" "I...I really dont want to talk about it okay? You werent supposed to hear anyway"

he turned away from her and pulled away, Toph sighed "Im so selfish and...and stupid, Im-" "YOU SEE? STOP IT STOP IT" he buried his face in his knees "STOP ACTING LIKE THIS, ITS NOT THE TOPH I KNOW AND I HATE IT" she grew angry "WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO? TO GAVE YOU A PUNCH AND SAY THAT ITS ALL RIGHT? IM NOT 12 ANYMORE IVE BEEN WORKING ON MYSELF...experiences change people"

Sokka turned to her, looking at her milky green eyes "experiences changed me too..." "Sokka...we have to talk about us if you- if you want to become more than friends someday" "right..." "if you talk to me about this Yue...Ill tell you about...about- about Kanto"

Sokka couldnt believe it...Toph never told anyone about her relationship with Kanto, and Sokka never even tried to ask her. "fine"

he cleaned his troat and faced her "when I was traveling with Aang and Katara we went to the North pole, to my sister tribe and there...and there I met Yue, she was kind and beautiful- not only that, she was also very smart and...and she was 16 back then so she was ready to marry someone...that someone wasnt me even if we were in love...so in love that you cant imagine T, it seemed easy to love but when she got engaged all became difficult and- and then she had to sacrifice herself for the fate of the world- and I know that this seems taken from a childrens fairy tales book but its true...shes the moon spirit and...im not gonna lie to you...part of me still loves her, maybe the part that is still 15...the fact is: I talk to the moon every time its full"

"I- wow" was all she could say "guess its my turn, umm I met him when he called the forces for some thieves or something and...it just happened you know, he asked me out, I said yes and Lin happened"

before Sokka could answer anything they heard giggles coming from Lins crib, he tried to get up but she stopped him, getting up and going to hold her daughter in her arms, Lin smiled as her mother placed a light kiss on her forehead...Sokka looked at her with wide eyes, she almost seemed...motherly? He couldn't explain it but a smile spread across his face seeing Toph truly happy after a long time...

"I feel you staring at me meathead" "Oh um Its just...nothing" "you know...after all thats happened I love her...I mean, I love my daughter after all" she muttered under her breath,his smile grew wider as she continued talking

"I was thinking...that maybe we could use some time alone- I mean kist me and Lin, for today- dont get me wrong I like that you stay here and you can come over when you want but-"

"you just want to stay with Lin"

"yeah...I think I can handle her alone now...for a bit" Lin smiled once more, Toph balanced her on her hip.

"its okay, dont worry, wanna eat breakfast together?"
"sure" she weakly smiled and walked towards the kitchen.
time skip cause Idk what to write