ready

ages: Aang 16, Katara 18

Aang watched as Katara began running towards the sea, taking off her dress

"what?" Aang chuckled at her sudden behavior

"we have to make at least one dive, the sea its beautiful now!" she screamed, the wind messing with her hair...a huge smile on her face...the sun that played with the shadows of her features.

"so? are you gonna change or not!" she grinned at him, Katara, now in only her white bindings shined with the sun that was slowly hiding behind Republic City.

"so?" she screamed, seeing Aang lost in thought

"uh...coming!" she smiled at his response...letting her body embrace the warm water, for Aang it almost seemed that the water itself was carrying her in...he didnt pay much attention tho, his eyes were on the body that was being carried.

Aang entered in the shiny water as katara pressed her lips on his, Aangs eyes widened as his hands took place on her hips, she began kissing his neck and when she pulled him even closer wondering her hands on his abs...Aangs eyes widened and he suddenly pulled away.

Katara made a confused frown as Aang looked down, ashamed for interrupting their moment.

"whats wrong?" she asked in the most sweet tone in the world.

Aang gulped... "I just...I dont know, I- I got scared" he whispered the last part

"what?"

"I got scared"

Kataras eyes widened, scared? of what? was he going to leave her? he wanted to end things? she scared him-

"I...Im scared of...you know" he lowered his head blushing

Kataras worries melt away as the words slipped out of his mouth...he wasnt ready and she didnt ask him if he was.

Katara lowered her head as well, trying to figure out what to say

"Aang its okay im sorry" she picked his hand in hers

"ugh youre 18...and you cant- ugh" he gave a long sigh

"Aang, I mean it, its okay...I shouldve asked you before trying, I was being stupid and selfish...Im happy you said how did you felt"

Aang weakly smiled "Im scared of the consequences...and I dont feel ready yet"

Katara thought at his words...scared of the consequences...
"...you want kids right?"
only when the words came out of her mouth she realized how much invasive were and how strange the sentence was.

Aangs eyes widened one more time...he began stuttering
"I- uh...I- I- mean...YES! b-but not...now...you?"

Katara looked down...water all around her, she saw her future with Aang...their eventual kid...she began realising how much big of a thing was a child...a child was a responsibility, a huge one and...it was a literal human generated by them...it was grown up stuff.
But she grew up now.

"Katara" Aang saw that his girlfriend was lost in thought.

he slightly picked her chin and tilted up her head and she realised how much taller he was than her..."Katara, listen...I want kids because I want them with you and not because I have to revive my nation...I want how many kids we cam manage and how many kids you feel to have, and if in these kids there is no airbender...thats okay, Ill never give you the burden to repopulate my people. I promise you that. I think we should wait until were both ready-"

"Im not ready" she suddenly blurted out

"neither am I, but when well be ready well know...isnt that how it works?"

"I..I guess" she weakly smiled at his words and suddenly hugged him tightly...like they did when they were only best friends, Aang sighed in her shoulder.

when theyll be ready theyll know...

A/N: ok um this chapter is really quick, but I wanted to post something cause idk u deserve it...I think its cute, theyre just teens figuring out themselves and since nobody told them what they were supposed to do...theyll face it together :))