Chapter Four - Meet Beauty

I hear a screech that is so loud I honestly feel like my ear drums have exploded. My eyes are shut extremely tight and I am not willing to open them anytime soon. Soon I hear a burst of laughter next to me. It’s Dean.

“That was hilarious!” Dean chuckles loud.

I open my eyes and see Saxon huddled over Brooke on the ground. The car that was previous chasing us had swerved to the left and the people were still in the car. Still unable to see who the hell it is.

They are fine. Saxon and Brooke are really fine. I let out a sigh of relief. It then registers in my mind. Why the hell was Dean laughing? They almost died.

“What is so funny Dean?” I ask angrily.

Saxon and Brooke are unable to even speak they are just staring at the car that had almost hit them. Can you blame them honestly?

“Saxon knows exactly why it is so funny” Dean replies.

“Honestly I know of pranks Dean but this is far beyond a prank” Saxon stutters.

“What? The lead joker can’t even take a simple prank?” Dean asks.

Brooke interrupts them.

“Not when it involves almost killing us,” Brooke screams at Dean.

“Relax it was my return prank to pay to Saxon, the guy we walked past was a friend of a friend, I paid him a little to scare us a little and to pull the prank on Saxon. No one was actually going to get hurt” Dean explains.

“Your actually lucky it was your birthday Saxon or I would beat the living shit out of you right now!” Saxon laughs. Finally he has calmed down and has gone alone with the joke.

I turn to look at Brooke she is pissed. There is no way she is going to lighten up anytime soon. Her mascara has run all over her face. I guess that what happens when you think you are meeting death.

Dean waves to the guy in the car and he receives a wave back. With that the car drives off further up the road.

“You know Dean that was kind of a dick move” I say.

“Tyler, Saxon always plays jokes on us. This was just me paying him back a favour because you know what they say revenge is bittersweet, and that is what I am feeling right now.” Dean replies.

I start to brush myself off because I am now covered in dirt and flowers, because I have literally just jumped into a random persons front lawn and used their wall as protection. The rest of us start to walk down the road towards this ‘Pyronix’ club. After what has just happened I am still shaken and looking over at Brooke and Saxon they are too. Although it was a prank and it’s funny but when it’s happening to you it’s a completely different story. Just like those videos everyone posts on social networking websites of people falling over hurting them selves or hurting other people. I mean sure it’s funny when it’s happening to them, but when shit goes down and it is happening to you it isn’t even half as funny. 

We arrive at Pyronix, It actually looks cool. It’s a two-story building that is red with lights pretty much everywhere. Like a light palace or something elegant like that. I can see a red carpet being used as the entryway. Is this some sort of way of making people feel like they are important when they walk in.

Just as we are about to go inside I hear my phone ringing.

“You guys go in it’s just my sister I’ll meet you guys inside” I say.

Dean, Saxon and Brooke all nod and walk towards the entrance.

Riya usually calls me to break my head or to ask me one hundred and one questions about someone or something or about our dogs cousins friends neighbour’s dog. Basically a lot of questions about nothing.