Chapter Seven - A Family Affair

Riya is still crying. She still hasn't told me what is wrong. Her head is just in-between hands as she is now slouched on the floor. I walk closer to her and kneel down.

"What is wrong Riya?" I ask, "You can tell me?"

She looks up at me for a split second and continues to cry. What the hell is wrong with her? I have never seen her like this before.

Riya rubs her eyes and stands up. She brushes herself off as if she has dust over her skirt. Just her being nervous I assume.

"Sorry, I am just a mess" Riya says, "It's just that"

Before Riya could even tell me what was wrong Charlie walks into the room. We both go quiet. He stares at me. No Charlie I didn't tell her anything relax yourself. He's a bloody idiot. I feel like the world should know what kind of a person he is.

"Hi Dad" Riya says as she whips the last few tears from her face.

"What is wrong Riya" Charlie asks.

"Just had a fight with a friend and I'm about upset" Riya replies.

She is lying I know it. That is not the real reason why she was on the kitchen at four in the morning. I look at her lying at him. At the same time I am amused because he deserved lies considering that's all he has done to us for god knows how long. Debbie might be the 'first' that we know of there could be hundreds of other's for all we know.

"As long as everything is okay" Charlie replies.

"I am heading to bed I will talk to you guys in the morning" Riya says.

She gives me a look; it's like a shut up if you want to live look. I wouldn't dream of even opening my mouth especially to Charlie. Riya walks down the hall and into her bedroom. It's just Charlie and I now. What do I say what do I do?

"Why are you home so late?" Charlie asks.

"It was Dean's birthday and we were having such a good time" I reply.

"You shouldn't be coming in so late, or should I say early in the morning." Charlie says

"What are you pretending to have parenting skills of a sudden?" I snap.

"You need to remember that I am actually the parent and you are still a child" Charlie snaps back.

"Yeah your right a cheating parent" I say.

I grab a glass of water and start to walk towards the hallway. All I want is bed.

I feel a tug on my shirt. Charlie has just grabbed it. He looks pissed.

"Where do you think your going?" Charlie asks "How dare you disrespect me"

I pull my shirt out of his grip turn around and stare him dead in the face.

"How dare you disrespect my mother" I reply.

He looks so old Charlie it's as if he has aged five years since I caught him with his co-worker Debbie.

"I will just tell your mother that you're lying because you hate me" Charlie laughs.

How dare he laugh at me. How dare he try to make me out the be a liar, he's the liar he is the one that cheated on my mother. I am filled with so much rage right now I could punch his head in. Charlie would actually beat me up because I am nowhere near the same size as him. At this moment in time I hate him so much. If he keeps this up I will not even be bothered saying hello to him whenever I see him.

"What is you problem, you did the wrong why are you trying to make out as if I lied," I say.

"Are you sure that you saw anything?" Charlie asks, "You might have thought you saw something you didn't, I am a family man I would never do anything like that. No one will believe you. No even your own mother you're just a child Tyler"