Chapter Thirty-three - The Final Blow

Riya sits on the floor next to me in the hallway. She lets a sigh of relief.

"Glad that's over" Riya says.
"Hopefully you didn't kill him" I laugh.

We both sit and laugh for a few minutes. I hear the front door open and footsteps running through the house towards us. It's Jacinta, Saxon and Dean. I have never been happier to see them.

"What the hell happened?" Dean asks.
"Long story" Riya laughs.
"Basically Riya kicked some major Charlie ass" I laugh.
"As long as you are both all right" Jacinta says.

Riya stands up and walks towards where Charlie is passed out on the floor. She gives him a look of disgust.

"Sorry excuse of a man" Riya says.
"You guys mind helping me up?" I ask.

Saxon and Dean both help me to feet. I can walk alright now but my leg is in abit of pain from what Charlie did. I slowly walk over to where Riya and Charlie are. I look down at him and feel slightly sorry for him.

"Should someone call the police?" Jacinta says.
"Yeah probably" I laugh.

Riya walks into their bedroom I hobble behind her. Dean, Saxon and Jacinta stay in the hallway with Charlie. Riya knocks on the bathroom door.

"Mum you can come out now he is knocked out and we are calling the police" Riya says.

I hear from the other side of the bathroom door mum stand up and walk towards the door. She unlocks it and swings the door open with hope in her eyes. Riya speeds through the door and jump after her. Mum opens her arms wide and we both hug her. All three of us fall to the floor. Mum starts crying.

"What happened mum? I ask.
"I told him I want a divorce and he went crazy and punched me all over my body" Miranda says.

Riya lifts up mums shirt and we both see bruises all over her body. What kind of man does that to anyone?

"What a piece of shit" Riya says.
"I was so happy when I heard you two come in but I was too scared to come out and see what was happening" Miranda says, "I thought he would kill me but never lay a hand on his children"
"Charlie has hit me before mum" I say, "He has threatened me countless times"
"I am so sorry I didn't know" Miranda says.
"Don't be sorry mum it wasn't your fault" I say.

I jolt my head around I hear someone scream from the hallway. Riya stands up and walks into the bedroom.

"Tyler, Riya" Jacinta yells, "Charlie is awake"

I follow Riya into the bedroom and standing in the doorway is Charlie.

"Are you like the terminator or something?" Riya asks, "Cause I just kicked the shit out of you"

I see Jacinta, Saxon and Dean standing behind Charlie, they are scared and I don't blame them. If my best friends father went mental I wouldn't know what to do. Jacinta said she called the police so I am hoping that they show up any second and stop this fighting.

"No more fighting" I yell, "Enough is enough, everyone has been hurt one way or another it's time to act like adults and stop all this"

Mum comes out of the bathroom into the bedroom and stands behind Riya and I.

"Mum just wants to leave you and move on" I say, "You were unfaithful you only have yourself to blame"

I am calmer then I though I would be. Realistically I want to beat the living shit out of him, but where will that get me? No-where. I won't feel any better, I would just get satisfaction for a little while. I have finally learnt that although people have hurt me I have to just forgive them and move forward, because what's the point in being stuck in the past full of hate and anger?

"Why have my kids turned on me?" Charlie asks.
"No one has turned on you, you physically assaulted me and cheated on your wife" I say, "Doesn't mean we have turned on you just means that you made your bed and now you have to lie in it"

Charlie stares right at me. I feel the anger pouring off his body.

"You did this you turned them on me" Charlie says while pointing at mum.
"I didn't do anything" Miranda replies.
"You told them I hit you why would you do that?" Charlie says.
"Because the man I married for love who was supposed to protect me from pain and suffering has just done the opposite physically and emotionally" Miranda says, "I turned to my children because I needed help"

Charlie seems aggravated he starts swearing. I am quite unsure who the hell he is swearing at.

"I will kill you bitch" Charlie says looking at mum.

I jump in front of mum Riya does the same.

"You have to kill me first" Riya says.
"And me" I say.
"And us" Jacinta says.

Jacinta, Dean and Saxon stand strong in the hallway. Finally everyone has seen who the real Charlie is, a man who is nothing but a cruel ugly hearted person.

"Mass murder" Charlie laughs.
"You wouldn't kill anyone Charlie your all talk" I laugh.

I really wish I hadn't made that smart ass remark because Charlie jumps for me and wraps his hands around my neck. I start to cough and choke. I feel my air thinning out. I see everyone jump around and try to pull Charlie off me. It's like he has all of a sudden become superhuman. The only option I have is to choke to death or kick him in the balls. I swing my right leg back and thrust it forward so hard. Charlie's grip loosens and I push back. He falls to the floor with his hands cupping himself. I stand above him and look down at this disgusting excuse for a man.

"No matter how many times you are forgiven or home many times you realise you are in the wrong, you will still be a shit person" I say, "and the shittest father anyone could ever have"

I swing my right fist and thrust forward, smacking Charlie in his right cheek with a hook. Charlie falls to the floor yet again. Hopefully stays down until the police come. My hand is aching now, as much as I didn't want to result to physically hit Charlie I am so glad I did.

"How are you feeling?" Miranda asks.
"A lot better now" I laugh.

We all laugh. Once again I feel safe. We all head out the front of the house just incase Charlie the machine wakes up again and tries to kill me. I sit on the front lawn and rub my neck. I can't believe he tried to kill me. It is definitely a write off of our relationship. Charlie means nothing to me anymore. I look around at my family and friends faces, I have been so blessed to have them in my life.

We wait another five minutes and the police show up finally. It felt like a much longer wait. Mum shows the police where Charlie is and what exactly happened.

"You think Charlie will come after you again?" Jacinta asks.
"I hope to god not" I say.
"If he does I will kick his ass again" Riya laughs.
"Thank you guys for everything" I say, "You guys should go home I have taken up plenty of your time"

Riya and I wave to Jacinta, Dean and Saxon as they drive away. We head back inside and I lie on my bed. The police have already taken Charlie and mum is fast asleep in bed. I don't blame her after everything that has happened today I think I am going to sleep for about a week. Tomorrow I must visit Diana in hospital and see how she is going, but for now all I want to do is sleep away the memories of what happened today.