Chapter Ten - Tables Turn

I start to walk down the street from the café to my car. I hear someone yelling my name. I turn around. It's Diana. She starts to run up towards me. I smile.

Diana jogs her way up to where I am standing and when she arrives she is so puffed out it's actually so funny to see a pretty fit girl get exhausted from a hundred metre jog. I continue to laugh uncontrollably in my head.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"My little sister works at this café I was picking her up after her shift finished" Diana replies, "What about you?"

I didn't actually want to tell her the Caroline was meeting me here for coffee mainly because she stood me up, and I don't want to look like a loser in front of an extremely pretty girl. So I make up a lie.

"I just met up with a friend for coffee and now heading home," I say.

"Oh I friend! Who was it" Diana says with a cheeky tone in her voice.

I can honestly sense a little bit of jealousy but there is no way Diana would even think about me in a 'dating' kind of way, I mean she's incredibly hot and I'm just me Tyler. Your average nineteen year old guy that hasn't got gorilla arms or a rock hard six pack.

"Just a guy friend from my old primary school, catch ups you know?" I say.

"Sounds cool" Diana replies.

"Just wondering if you got my message from a few days ago?" I ask.

"I am so glad I actually bumped into you, I lost my phone on Sunday" Diana explains, "So I would of lost any messages because I didn't get another phone until today, and I didn't know your number"

I pull my phone out and smile, I sent through smiley face to her phone number. She receives it and smiles.

"Now there is no excuses for not messaging me back" I say with a cheeky tone.

"What am I going to do now?" Diana giggles, "I guess I am going to have to message you back"

We are both standing in the middle of what looks like a ghost town chatting away about nothing important. The street is so quiet and it's not even that late.

"My sister is going to be a bit longer did you want to go for a walk?" Diana asks.

I don't even hesitate and nod my head quickly and smile. Diana smiles back. I am glad I bumped into Diana to take my mind off Caroline and how she stood me up. I am sure there is an explanation I mean she did really seem excited to see me again. I could be wrong though. I am hoping for her to call or message me soon telling me what happened or what got in the way.

We begin to walk down the street slowly side by side.

"So tell me Tyler what is your story?" Diana asks.

What's my story? Let's see I am nineteen I have a messed up father who has cheated on my mother. A sister who is so aggressive that she will bash someone if they even come near her. A friend who uses and abuses girls. Almost got run over by a car. So where do I start?

"My story is I am studying journalism, and I work part time," I say. "I have a great family and an awesome group of friends"

"No Tyler I mean your story, tell me about you. Relationships, heartbreaks the works" Diana says.

We continue walking down the street and make our way to a little secluded park with swings. My favourite thing in life. I compress my excited inner child and signal Diana towards the swing for her to sit down. Diana smiles and sits down. I push the swing. She goes up and down slowly. I continue doing so.

"My story you would like to know never had a relationship. Not a single one" I say.

"You've never had a girlfriend?" Diana asks.

"Never, girls don't really have time for me" I say.

"You are so cute and a very good person" Diana whispers, "Any girl would be lucky to have you as their boyfriend"

"I guess people don't see it that way, either way I make sure that the girl is the right one before I jump into anything" I say, "As you can see I haven't found a girl that is the right one because I've never jumped into anything"

"You're a good guy Tyler" Diana replies.

I continue pushing her on the swing she closes her eyes. It looks like she is at peace. Diana's beautiful hair is flying through the wind and with every push that I give her I can hear her laugh it is very cute and making me smile also. I couldn't possibly have any feeling for Diana could I? I mean I have found something special in Caroline, but does Caroline want to actually see me again? Diana is a beautiful person inside and out, but I am not my father. I don't want to have two girls I believe in one-person relationships. In saying that Caroline and I aren't anything so it's not actually wrong to have feelings for Diana. That is if I do. I won't admit that to myself. Not yet. Not until I know why Caroline didn't show up tonight.

"That means a lot to me Diana" I say.

"You deserve it" Diana replies, "I know I have only known you for a short time but I can tell a good hearted person when I see one. That an a cute good hearted person"

I blush.

"Right back you" I say in voice so geeky that even star war nerds would think it sounds dumb.

Diana laughs like a little schoolgirl. It's very cute and she is blushing so much she is going red like a tomato. She hops of the swing and moves closer towards me. I feel my heart beating extremely loud. I want to kiss her but I shouldn't because of how I feel about Caroline. Diana comes closer to me. Closer and closer again. We are staring each other about one foot apart from each other. We stand there for about two minutes and nothing happens. I feel the sparks flying everywhere but I can't move my body at all. I want to kiss her but I feel that it's wrong. It's not the time. My head is telling me no but my heart is telling me yes.

"We are awfully close miss Diana" I stutter.

"That we are" Diana says.

She smiles and it's like a ray of sunshine. I want to kiss her. I must kiss her.

I kiss her.

I kiss her again, and again and again.

The butterflies in my stomach are flying like crazy I feel that my heart is sinking in my chest; I put my hands on both her cheeks and kiss her more and more. I don't actually think I want this to end. I am happy to stay here and feel the way that I do.

I want more of Diana and I want her now.