Chapter Twenty-Three - That's How You Get The Girl

I wake up early this morning. I am not sure why. It’s because today I finally get to spend some time with Diana alone. No dramas. Just the two of us and I can’t wait to see her. Her glowing face smiling and me. It’s been about a week since the accident that happened with Saxon, Brooke and I. I’ve spent most of my time hanging out with Brooke and Saxon. Brooke leaves soon so I wanted to spend as much time with her as I could. Diana was hell busy so I just said I would see her when she is free. I am ecstatic to see her.

I leave the house early so I can go get a coffee and sit in the park and think for a while. That and I also avoid seeing Charlie. I am using my mum’s spare car now. Until everything else has been sorted with my old car and we figure something out. I prefer mums car to mine, much newer and actually has a working CD player in it.

After getting my coffee I sit in the park and close my eyes. I breathe in and out the fresh air. It’s a crisp cool morning. I open my eyes and see there are people jogging around the park. I actually haven’t worked out for a while I really need to get onto it. I close my eyes again just sit there for a few more minutes. Until I hear someone walking near me and sits down on the chair next to me. I open my eyes and look. It’s Caroline. What the actual hell does she want? I can’t even be bothered talking to her so I get up and start walking away.

“Tyler” Caroline says, “You might want to talk to me”

“No I don’t,” I say.

I continue to walk off making my way to the next seat I see in the distance. Ignoring anything else Caroline has to say cause to be perfectly honest I couldn’t give a shit what she has to say.

“Diana isn’t what she seems,” Caroline says.

I turn around out of anger.

“You weren’t what you seemed” I yell, “Now everyone sees the real you and they don’t like it, just leave me alone Caroline I don’t want anymore to do with you”

I walk away and put my headphones in. I don’t care she can say what she wants about Diana but Caroline is a monster and I won’t let that get in the way ever again.

I told Diana I would pick her up. I am at the front of her house and I decide to knock on the door and do the right thing. Diana’s house is huge. Her parents surely must be loaded maybe I am entering the right family. I laugh to myself. I decide that I am going to be a gentleman even though at times I am completely not. I knock on the front door. A older pretty lady answers the door.

“Hello?” She says.

“Hi I’m Tyler I’m here to pick up Diana,” I say.

“You must be Tyler nice to meet you I’m Gail” Gail says, “I am Diana’s mum”

“Nice to meet you” I say.

I just realized I don’t know Diana’s last name so how the hell am I supposed to say ‘Mrs. Whatever’ So I feel awkward calling her Gail and not by her last name. It just seems to be the right thing to do. Makes me seem polite and I want Diana’s mum to like me.

“Diana” Gail yells.

Diana comes down the stairs and to the front door where Gail and I are standing. She looks beautiful. Very colourful today. I have never met anyone who can pull off almost any colour and any look that has ever been invented.