Chapter Eighteen - Forgive And Forget?

I wake up to the sounds of birds chirping the morning sun. I look out my window it’s a beautiful day. I open my bedroom window for some fresh air. The air is so nice. Once again it’s not too hot or not too cold. It’s perfect. I breathe in and out the fresh air, I am so relaxed. I turn back to my bed and lie on it. Today is the day I see Diana for coffee. I am so thankful she has given me a chance to at least see her and explain myself. I roll over and smile. I have nothing on today. It’s Sunday. The days I have nothing to do besides relax. After the run in with Saxon and Caroline the other day I wonder how Brooke is actually doing. I should call her and check up on her but I honestly I don’t really want to talk or even think about Saxon.

I finish getting ready and head out the front door.

“Tyler” Charlie says.

I stop in my tracks. I close my eyes with frustration. I haven’t properly talked to Charlie in awhile and I would like to keep it that way. Now I have an instant headache just from hearing his voice. Great one Charlie. I turn around and look at Charlie with an unenthused look on my face.

“Yes” I say.

“I know you went out with your mother the other day” Charlie says, “You better not have said anything”

“I didn’t say anything Charlie but she’s going to find out sooner or later, and when she does its bye bye to you” I say, “I will be thankful when that happens”

Charlie does not like what I just said. I turn around to walk out the door. I feel a sharp pain in my lower back. Charlie has punched me. I fall too the floor. I cannot believe he has just hit me. It aches. I want to beat his head in but I am in so much pain I can’t even regenerate the energy to hurt him back. Charlie leans down towards my ear.

“Don’t you dare speak to me again like that” Charlie whispers in my ear.

He steps over me and walks through the front door. Into his car and drives away. Seriously dude, you cheated on your wife how the hell do you expect your children to act. Am I supposed to be all cupcakes and roses fine with it? No. It’s bullshit that you see other women yet you are married. Not fair at all. I hate him more so then ever. How dare he touch me who does he think he is? I stand up and walk out the door. The pain is still bad but luckily I can walk just fine. It will most likely bruise and if I take my shirt off how the hell am I supposed to hide it. As much as I want to chase Charlie’s car down as if I am in fast and furious but I know that I have to spend the next half an hour calming down because I am seeing Diana soon. This is my second chance; I get the chance to get to know her. I walk to my car and sit in the drivers seat. My back is sore. Really sore. Like I need an icepack or something right now. I will be fine.

I make my way to the same café that Diana’s sister works and where I was supposed to meet Caroline before I got stood up. I find a quiet booth at the back so when Diana gets here we can talk without anyone bothering us. It’s not busy thankfully so there is not much noise to distract us. I am waiting about five minutes and I see Diana come through the door of the café. Our eyes lock on each other we both smile. She looks beautiful. I can’t take my eyes off her. Her smile has lightened up the whole café. Although my lower back is sore from dickhead Charlie, Diana has just made me feel extremely warm. Diana sits down in front of me in the café booth.