Chapter Twenty-Four - Everyone Has Secrets

"What the hell do you want Caroline?" I say. "Hi people" Caroline says in a sarcastic voice. "Hello Caroline" Diana says.

I look at Caroline it looks like she has been in a fight since I saw her this morning. She has a huge smile on her face but it looks like she has been crying. Her makeup is running down her face and her cheeks are red and puffy. Part of me is worried about her because she looks upset. Part of me doesn't give a shit about her. I look at Diana she shares a glance of sympathy. Diana feels the same way I do, we can't help that part of us on the inside always cares about people no matter what they have done to us.

"What's wrong Caroline?" Diana asks.

Caroline's smile instantly turns into her crying. What the hell have we got ourselves into? I worry because what if Caroline is playing games with us.

"I had a fight with my parents and now I have nowhere to go now" Caroline says. "I'm sorry to hear that Caroline" Diana says.

I sit listening to Diana comfort Caroline for twenty minutes. I really don't have much to say to Caroline. I feel that I shouldn't get involved with her again because she might turn into a wilder beast and strike at me again. I think that because Diana works at her parents club that she will always be nice and respectful to Caroline. Scrap that. Diana will be nice and kind to everyone. I want Diana just to tell Caroline where to go but I know she won't.

"You know that you are more than welcomed to stay at my house for a few days Caroline" Diana says. "Thank you so much, I want you both to know that I am not the person I was I have changed recently" Caroline says.

Jesus Christ Diana. Are you asking for trouble? I am now freaking out because what if Caroline decides that she wants to crack shits again and start drama. I look at Caroline she does look extremely upset. Maybe she has changed her ways? I want to give her another chance. But one step at a time.

"I have to run but I will message you later Diana" Caroline says, "Seeya Tyler" "No worries let me know" Diana says. "Bye" I say bluntly.

Caroline walks away from us. I watch Caroline walk away and let out a sigh of relief when we can no longer see her. I look up at the sky trying to avoid conversation with Diana about Caroline but I just can't help it.

"What do you owe Caroline?" I say. "What do you mean?" Diana says. "I mean why are you giving her a place to stay?" I say. "Well you might not know this but Caroline helped me" Diana says. "Helped you with what?" I ask. "I want you to know that it will never happen again what I am about to tell you" Diana says.

I am now worried with what she is going to tell me. What could Diana possibly of done that she would of needed Caroline's help? My stomach starts to turn. My girlfriend of all of ten minutes has something tell me, but not be to worried because it won't happen again. What the hell does that make me think? Obviously I'm stressing out now.

"What is it Diana?" I ask. "I used to self harm myself" Diana says, "I thought I was fat, ugly and no one wanted to be with me so I hurt myself"

The most beautiful girl in the world thought she was fat and ugly. So much is wrong with this. Diana didn't even mention that she used to hurt herself.

"Caroline helped me a lot through it, It was when I first started working at Pyronix, she was my first friend" Diana says, "I owe it to Caroline because she saved me from killing myself"

I try to process what has happened but at this point in time I am shitty as hell. Like I don't understand why anyone would want to hurt themselves and I thought Diana wouldn't want to do that. I stand up and start to pace. Diana looks worried. She should be. I don't agree with people hurting themselves. Especially those who kill themselves and leave their family with the pain of them being gone. Diana is the same. What if Caroline wasn't there for her. What if Diana had killed herself. Her mum Gail would have been stuck with not having her beautiful cheerful daughter around. I look over to the playground and see a little boy and girl around the age of four playing together near the swings. I smile at them; there generation will grow up in an even harder time. Less money, more work, more issues. I hope when they are a little bit older they appreciate the life they have been given. I might be a bit morbid but there is plenty of people out there who would kill for the life Diana has, her looks, her brains and her family. Yet she did something like that.

"I have to go Diana I have to meet up with my sister" I say. "Are you mad?" Diana says, "because it was a stupid mistake" "I am not mad Diana I am just disappointed" I say. "I see" Diana says. "I will message you later" I say.

I lean over Diana and give her a kiss on her forehead. She smiles. I am not going to break up with Diana over this I just need to give my mind some time to process what she has just told me. I care for Diana more then I have ever cared for any girl. It just scares me knowing that if it wasn't for Caroline I may not have got to meet Diana. So I owe it to Caroline for saving Diana's life.

I get home and immediately raid the fridge. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I see an apple in the fruit bowl and grab it. I take one bite into it and sit down on the kitchen table. Charlie walks into the room as I am about to take my second bite. I am instantly put off eating my apple now that he is here.

"Hello Tyler" Charlie says. "What do you want" I say. "Don't be rude Tyler or I will beat you again" Charlie says. "Touch me and I will beat the living shit out of you I promise that" I say.

Miranda walks through the front door. Instantly Charlie acts nice and so do I. Miranda comes in with some shopping and puts it on the counter.

"How was your day both you boys?" Miranda asks. "I had a great day" Charlie says.

Charlie then leans over and kisses Miranda on the cheek. She smiles and starts packing away the shopping. I can see them talking about something but I am so zoned out and just thinking of ways to beat the living shit out of Charlie that I haven't engaged in their conversation for a solid two minutes.

"Hello" Miranda says waving her hand in my face, "How was your day?" "Yeah good I now have a girlfriend" I say proudly.

I am proud but I am also not. Since Diana told me about her attempt suicide I don't feel so good about everything. Unsure why.

"Is it Diana?" Miranda asks. "Yeah it is" I say. "You will have to tell me all about it but for now head upstairs and get ready for tonight" Miranda says. "Tonight? What's happening tonight?" I ask.

Charlie then butts in. Cause he's a dick.

"Your mother told you last week it's the charity event for the sick children's hospital, it's Vegas themed remember?" Charlie says with a smug smile on his face. "I completely forgot I will go get ready now,” I say. I race to my bedroom and sort out what I'm going to wear. A nice suit and tie. I'm going to look so fly. Riya walks in my room.

"Hey how are you?" Riya asks. "I'm alright, I'm officially with Diana now" I say smiling. "Congrats player" Riya says, "I have been playing football all day so I'm pretty tired hey I can't even be bothered going tonight" "I know how you feel I completely forgot about it as well, I don't really want to go with Charlie" I say.

I almost want to tell Riya that Charlie hit me in the back a few weeks ago because I know she would try and beat the shit out of him, but at the end of the day that's my battle and I can't expect everyone else to fight for me.

"Just suck it up we have to go at least for mum" Riya says. "I know" I laugh, "Let me get ready"

Riya leaves my room. After I have a shower and get dressed I look in my bedroom mirror and smile. I think I scrub up well. I head down the hallway and to the front entrance. Charlie is already waiting out the front for the girls. I sigh in my head because I am left alone with him.

"You better not do anything stupid tonight Tyler" Charlie says. "I think you should say that to yourself" I say. "No Tyler do anything stupid and I will hurt you worse then physical pain.

I stare at Charlie in the eyes. They are full of anger and hate. What the hell did I do wrong for him to be so aggressive towards me?

"I am not scared of you or your threats,” I say.

Riya walks out the front door. I am relieved we are no longer alone. I smile and walk towards the car. Charlie can try to hurt me, but anything he does won't bring me down.