Chapter Fifteen - Confrontation

“What is it Riya?” I ask.

It’s dead silence from her end. Has she chickened out or is she too scared to tell me? I am so confused. What could she have possibly done that she needs to cry for on the floor at 3am in the morning? I start thinking up all these different scenarios. Maybe she’s pregnant, decided to leave home forever or slept with a married man?

“Will you promise to talk about it after I say it?” Riya asks.

This makes me more cautious now. Depends on what she tells me if I will talk to her or not.

“Of course” I say, I lied.

“It was a little while ago, and I was very drunk. We both were very drunk,” Riya says.

“Ok keep going” I say firmly.

“It was a huge mistake but I slept with Saxon, It was a one time accident and it won’t ever happen again” Riya says, she then starts crying.

I just pause and don’t say anything at all. What the actual hell is going on. Rephrase. My older sister has had sex with one of my best friends Saxon. I can’t even process this through my mind. One hundred and one things are going through my mind already and now this huge bombshell to add to it. I don’t want to talk to Riya or Saxon. I don’t know how I am going to face seeing them again.

“Hello? Please say something,” Riya says.

I hang up the phone and turn it off. I won’t talk to her. Not yet. Who does that? Who sleeps with their younger brothers friends? I don’t know what to even say to her when I see her; things aren’t going to be the same that’s just awkward. She is a lot older than him, and Saxon he doesn’t care about girls he just goes through them like no tomorrow. I feel myself starting to tear up thinking about it. I don’t cry often but at the moment I need to. I run through Pyronix holding my tears trying to find the nearest bathroom. I run around for a little while and find it. Dean notices me and follows me to the bathroom. I make my way to the sink and just cry. Tears streaming down my face. I know its not the end of the world but it’s pretty messed up. Dirty. Both Saxon and Riya. I can’t even deal with this. I look at myself in the mirror. I have gone all puffy in the face from crying, I am so red with angry at the same time. I want to confront Saxon I want to abuse him. He needs to know this is not on. Just as I turn from the sink Dean is there and stops me

“What is wrong Tyler?” Dean asks, “Jacinta is on in a few minutes and you were gone for a little while and now your crying what happened?”

“Riya and Saxon” I stutter rubbing the tears from my face.

“What did they do?” Dean asks.

“They slept together!” I yell.

“What? When?” Dean asks.

“I don’t know I just hung up on Riya and now I want to go kick Saxon’s ass” I say.

“Do you think that is a good idea Tyler?” Dean asks.

I look at Dean. He is always the one that wants to do the right thing. I feel that it is right that Saxon is confronted. First he uses Brooke then he hooks up with Caroline and now I found out he slept with my sister. He needs to be put in place. I whip the last tears from my face and look into the mirror again. I start to smile because I will get through this. If I can handle Charlie cheating on my mum I can get through absolutely anything. Saxon will know what it feels like to loose a real friend.