Chapter Thirty-Four - Safe Again!

I wake up happier then I have ever been. I run around the house feeling free, making as much noise I want. Charlie isn’t there and I don’t know or care where he is. I shower and put on my best clothes. I don’t have work or school today, simply just going to quickly visit Diana at the hospital and have a chat with her then I am free all day. I sit down at the table and grab myself some cereal. The events of yesterday are still running through my head. I am so thankful that we are all safe and can put this mess behind us. I don’t really care for Charlie anymore I will acknowledge him but he will no longer take part in my life as my father, not that I really did before what he has recently done but even more so I will not. I decide to call Dean and see what he is up to today. Dean answers the phone instantly on the first ring.

“Hey Tyler” Dean says, “How are you?”

“I’m good how are you?” I ask.

“Great much planned for your day?” Dean asks.

“Well funny you ask because I was going to ask you the same thing,” I say.

“Not much shall I call the gang and we can all do something?” Dean asks.

After what happened yesterday I would absolutely love to hang out with the people that mean the most to me.

“Sure thing you call everyone and we can all meet at yours about eleven?” I say.

“Sounds great I will call Jacinta and Saxon” Dean says.

“See you soon” I say.

I hang up the phone and feel and feel instantly excited. Nothing can break my day. I notice out of the corner of my eye that Riya has got up. She is yawning so much and stretching, basically she is doing Pilates all the way to the fridge.

“Rough night?” I laugh.

“When you kick the shit out of your father I guess you can say it was a rough night” Riya laughs.

“What you doing today?” I ask.

“Nothing at all I am completely boring” Riya replies.

“Come hang out with me and my friends if you want” I say, “I just have to call past the hospital first for a little to see Diana but then I am all good”

“Meh” Riya says.

Meh isn’t even a proper word; I think Riya is all cbf’d do anything. Not that cbf is even a proper word either. I feel bad for her and I don’t want her to sit around home all day possibly by herself thinking about the whole Charlie situation.

“Just come, I can wait while you get ready or whatever” I say.

“Fine” Riya says.

“I will just be out the front” I say.

I walk out the front door and sit on the lawn. I look up to the crystal blue sky and close my eyes. I breathe in and out. It’s such a beautiful day. I am so much more appreciative of life knowing that I get to spend another day with the people I love. My mother and sister are safe from Charlie, even if it is just for now I can relax. Caroline is no longer involved with my group of friends, and I will be cutting the last loose ends with Diana today after I check up on her. Brooke has left with her family and hopefully meets amazing people and they take care of her and treat her equal to them. Most of all I am happy that Charlie has finally got what he deserved, a smack in the face quite a few times, he lost his wife and children. Hopefully he soon looses respect from a lot of his friends, I don’t wish for his life to be horrible but I hope he learns and treats people the way he wants to be treated in the future. Although I want nothing to do with Charlie I don’t think that the door for a possible friendship between Charlie and I is fully closed, but at least for I have closed the door but not locked it.