Chapter Twenty-Six - Goodbye Goodbye

“What the hell do you think you are doing Riya?” I ask.

“Shut up Tyler, let me tell everyone” Riya says.

“No Riya, none of these people care but mum will care she will be upset” I say.

Riya’s angry expression has now dropped and she is no longer that tense. I sigh from relief. Thankfully we around the back of the hall where no one can hear us. Riya drops to the floor; she is so drunk. I see Jacinta walking down the corridor towards us. I shake my head. Luckily we stopped this because it could have all gone downhill for mum if she said anything.

“Thanks for the help partner” I say.

“Anytime pal” Jacinta says.

“You two are lame” Riya mutters.

Riya then passes out lying on the floor. Jacinta and I just laugh. Although Riya never gets like this normally when she drinks, she must not be able to handle what Charlie has done anymore. She wants to tell mum, and so do I.

On the drive home everyone is silent. Charlie hasn’t said a word since Riya did on stage. I am worried for when we get home will Charlie say something to us? Will he harm us? I have no idea what to do or say.

“What was your onstage performance about Riya?” Miranda says.

“I just had a lot to drink I have no idea what I was doing” Riya says.

I just look at Riya and she shrugs, she has no clue what to say. I want to help her but at the same time I don’t want to get involved. I did my part and protected Charlie’s secret from everyone in the place. I should be given a gold medal or something, but no instead I will most likely get told off when I get home or even worse.

“Fair enough darling, as long as you had a good night” Miranda says.

Sometimes I feel that mum is so oblivious to the things that are happening around her. Seriously wouldn’t you want to know what your daughter said? Not just let her get away with ‘I was drunk’ I would want to know what the hell is on my daughters mind, but because mum is so free spirited Charlie gets away with everything.

We arrive home. No one talks and we all go to our bedrooms. Not one word is spoken.

A week passes by and Riya and I still haven’t said anything to mum about Charlie. It hasn’t been good opportunities. I have been seeing Diana quite a bit and hanging out with Saxon and Dean. It’s been a quiet week. Charlie has not spoken to Riya or me. Not that it’s a big loss but still. I hop into my mum’s spare car; I still haven’t gotten a new one. It’s Brooke’s goodbye party tonight and I am taking Diana so I have to pick her up. I am excited to see her. I feel a lot better about everything now I have forgiven and almost forgotten about the suicide attempt that Diana had. I get to Diana’s house earlier than I said I would and she isn’t ready yet. I decide to just sit in my car chill out and listen to some of my music while I wait for her. Caroline comes out the front door and walks towards the car. What the hell does she want now? Why is she still kicking around? Caroline is very annoying. She walks right up to my window.