Chapter Thirteen - True Friends

Caroline puts her mask back on and continues dancing to the music. She looks amazing while dancing. She is beautiful. I am still pissed about being stood up and she hasn't even bothered to talk to me, but from the way she smiled with excitement in her face I am sure she wanted to see me but something must have come up. I stare at her dancing on the stage I am in complete awe of her. I feel someone pat me on the back and I turn around. It's Dean.

"That's Caroline right?" Dean asks.

"Yeah that is" I reply, "I wonder why she never contacted me back"

"So that's Caroline, she is really pretty" Jacinta says, "I really want to see what Diana looks like now"

I look down at my phone and send a message to Diana. She was pretty eager to see me tonight and now that Caroline looks keen to see me I am worried because I have kissed both of them. What if they tell each other? What if they then don't want to talk to me? I am now worried to see both of the girls.

After about another five minutes Caroline's dance show was over, the crowd went wild when she did her big finish. She was amazing. Extremely talented.

Diana walks out from behind the curtains onto the stage waving at the crowd. People are cheering and yelling out random things at her. Diana looks perfect. I want to kiss her lips again. I feel guilty saying that because I also have feelings for Caroline but that's how I feel.

"Hello everyone! Are we all enjoying our night?" Diana asks.

Everyone in the crowd goes wild and screaming yes.

"That's great to hear. There is a competition that is coming to Pyronix that kicks off tonight and finishes next Saturday night right here" Diana says, "It's a kind of like a beauty pageant competition, consisting of four challenges. Two tonight and two next Saturday"

Again everyone in the crowd looses their shit. Pushing forward and making heaps of noise.

"The first five girls to join me up here are automatically in the competition" Diana says, "Oh and the prize money is $1000 cash"

Without even thinking I look at Jacinta she looks back at me and nods, I look at Dean and he also nods we boost Jacinta on the stage she is the first one next to Diana. Everyone is cheering for Jacinta and egging other girls in the crowd to jump up. Jacinta is bright red but is smiling it's good to see her with a huge smile on her face.

"And what is your name beautiful" Diana asks holding the microphone infront of Jacinta's face.

"Jacinta" Jacinta stutters.

"Give it up for Jacinta the first girl to enter the competition" Diana yells.

Everyone screams Jacinta loud in harmony. Jacinta has gone beyond red now. It's so good to see I have never seen her this happy. I hope she wins the money she could really use it. A few minutes later there are five girls standing next to Diana and Jacinta on stage. Diana is listening and looking out at the crowd cheering she then notices me in the crowd. She smiles at me. I get the best feeling in my stomach. My head is running wild I want to speak to her. Just as Diana and I are eyeing each other off I feel someone grab my waist. I turn around. It's Caroline. Diana looks away and continues talking through the microphone.

"Hey there Mr. Tyler" Caroline says.

"Hi Caroline how are you?" I say.

"I'm good just had a lot of dramas happening at home and I lost my phone" Caroline says.

"Yeah I didn't see you at the café that night for coffee" I say.

"I am so sorry for that I am glad you are here because I lost my phone and had a huge fight with my parents and brother that's why I couldn't make it" Caroline says.

She has an innocent look on her face. I believe her. I mean she just met me why would she want to stand me up without properly getting the chance to meet me. Her eyes are so bright and she is bouncing with excitement and energy. I want to give her a second chance I want to see her, spend time with her. I want to spend time with Diana also. There is no harm in spending time with two girls. I enjoy Diana's beautiful aura and kindness, but I also enjoy Caroline's bad girl streak and fun personality.

"That's all right I am sure we hang out again sometime soon if you want" I say.

"I would love that Tyler and I am sorry again for not showing up" Caroline says, "I have to run I have another show I will catch up with you later and we can have a drink"

"I will see you soon" I say.

Caroline pushes through the crowd and makes her way to backstage I assume. I turn back to the stage where Diana and Jacinta are. Diana is explaining what the first task is and it is a dance off. I look at Jacinta she looks embarrassed I am not quite sure if she knows how to dance or not.

"This is going to be awesome," Dean says.

"I know I really hope Jacinta does well I don't even know if she can dance" I reply.

Dean and I laugh together. If Jacinta really wants this then she will push through and win. I believe in that she can do so.

"Are you five girls ready?" Diana asks.

They all reply yes.

"Ready set go!" Diana yells.

The music starts and all of them have started dancing. The song is like a slow ballad so they are running around stage being over dramatic and acting out some love sob story. It's hilarious to watch. I pull out my phone to record Jacinta it will be good blackmail I laugh to myself. About five minutes into the show Dean grabs my arm.

"I see Saxon at the bar by himself" Dean says. He points towards the bar.

"Shall we go get him to come and cheer on Jacinta with us?" I say.

"Why not I feel bad and I want to know what happened with Brooke" Dean says.

I nod and start walking through the crowd towards the bar where Saxon is. He looks pissed. He notices Dean and I coming towards him, his face turns sour.

"Hey Saxon" I say. He ignores me.

"What happened to Brooke?" Dean asks. He turns away from us.

"What is your problem? Brooke was starting shit for no reason," I say.

"Yeah why don't you be a good friend and support Jacinta she's entered a competition" Dean says.

Saxon turns and looks at us he has so much anger in his face. I have no idea why? It's not like we did anything we just told the bouncer that Brooke started the fight. So why is he getting angry with us. He pushes me back.

"Back off Tyler" Saxon says.

"I didn't even do anything wrong why are you angry at me?" I say.

"Your skanky friend Jacinta got Brook kicked out so no I will no support her" Saxon snaps.

"You are out of line Saxon" Dean says, "Just grow up Brooke was the one who started it"

We are standing at the bar and Saxon looks like he is about to punch Dean. I start to get worried so before this goes any further I cut Saxon off before he speaks.

"Saxon you are being a dick now, Dean and I are leaving because we are going to support our friend Jacinta who used to be your friend too" I say, "Why don't you go hang out with you 'hook up' Brooke because you have stepped on your true friends toes one too many times tonight"

I turn around and walk away towards Jacinta on the stage. Dean follows me. I will start to regret what I said to Saxon later on but for now I don't regret shit.