A new journey

3 years later, Dandkaranya

A young boy was strolling near the river Mahanadi. he was dressed as the local Gond community but looking at his features anyone could say that he was not one of them. He had fair, flawless skin with glowing radiance, big lotus-like eyes, black curly hair, sharp nose. For the last six months, he was staying with the Gond tribe. Though the chief of the community was skeptical at first but gradually he realized that the kid had no evil intention.  When they asked about his family he just said that he left his house to see the world. The Gonds also admired him for his archery skills. Upon questioning they know that he spent some time in the Nishad village as well and he practiced with them. He also helped them in hunting. Today he was waiting near the river for the wild boars with a spear in his hand but it was his unlucky day. It was almost noon and not a single boar came to the river. 

'You know it's not good to wait for the opportunity always, sometimes it is good to find opportunities in most unfavorable conditions.' Karna sighed listening to the voice. Two years back when he was staying with Atavik tribe near Kalinga then he met this boy, Madhav. Madhav is a 7-8 years old mysterious boy. Karna had no idea from where did he come and where he went back. But he just popped up suddenly in front of him sometimes.

Karna, 'Madhav, you here again. You know sometimes I feel that you are just an imagination of mine. Wherever I go, you just popped out from nowhere.'

 Madhav smiled sweetly, 'Really, if I am just an imagination then how come I saved you from the elephant in the forest of Kalinga?'

Karna, 'Then you must be an Asur, Rakshas or Dev. 

Madhav, 'What if I am an Asur or Rakshas? Won't you befriend me then?' 

Karna, 'If you are an Asur or Rakshas then you are most welcome to be my friend.'

Madhav smiled mischievously, 'And if I am a Dev?'

Karna, 'Then just get lost and don't show your face to me again.'

Madhav, 'You disliked Devas so much?'

Karna, 'Not dislike...I just loathed them. At least Asurs and Rakshasas don't pretend to be righteous.'

Madhav, 'Don't worry I am just a human being and your friend as well. But if you wait here for the boars, do you think they will come to you to be your prey. Sometimes to find your goal you have to come out from your comfort zone and search somewhere else.'

Karna, 'So you want me to search for prey in the entire forest. The water holes and the rivers are the best places to find prey.'

Madhav, 'Sometimes we find things in the most unexpected places. So why don't you try something new.'

Karna contemplated his words. Madhav always talked in riddles and all his words had dual meanings. He remembered when he first met him he wan with the Atavik people. Atavik was famous for controlling wild elephants. They used a special whistle to communicate with the elephants. When Karna stayed with them he helped them in making Bows and arrows for hunting and in exchange he asked them to teach him to tame elephants. A group of the Atavik people and Karna went for the Elephant herd where they saw a huge male was standing alone a little far away. Karna was inexperienced but still tried to use his knowledge in taming the male and as usual, he failed. Sensing danger to his herd the male herd leader chased them. Karna used his bow to distract the elephant so that others could run away. The elephant charged towards him and he closed his eyes thinking that would be his end. But suddenly he heard sweet music. Opening his eyes he saw a dark-skinned boy was standing a little ahead of him and playing a sweet melody in his flute. To all of their astonishment, the elephant was completely calmed in presence of that boy. The boy moved towards the elephant and rubbed its snout, the elephant also behaved as if it was enjoying the treatment immensely. Then the boy turned towards Karna and said, 'To tame anyone, love is the greatest weapon. Without love, your weapon will turn against you.'