Past(II) and new resolution

It was a normal morning in Hastinapur. All people were busy with their works. In Adhirath's house, Radha and Shon were present while Adhirath and Karna went to the market. While returning suddenly he saw one of their neighbors running towards them.

Adhirath, 'Ananta, what happened?'Ananta, 'Adhirath bhaiya, the soldiers came to your house and they arrested Shon. Radha bhabi had fainted. Please go home as soon as possible.'

Both Adhirath and Karna ran to their house, they saw that Radha fainted and some of their neighbors were helping her to regain her senses. Adhirath asked them and they told him that some soldiers came and dragged Shon to the court. Others tried to stop them but the soldiers rudely dragged him and ordered Adhirath to go to the court. Both Adhirath and Karna ran to the court.

Hastinapur Palace court,

When Adhirath and Karna reached the court, they saw that some priests also present there. 

Bheesm, 'Adhirath, we arrested your son for a serious crime. We came to know from a very reliable source that your son was reading Vedas and Shastras. He also tried to teach some other boys as well. He has the audacity to disobey the rules of the Gods and Hastinapur's law. Now he have to face the punishment.'

Karna, 'But it's wrong, he is a kid, please don't punish him. And who told you that he did the crime?'

Dhritarashtra, 'You impudent suta, how dare you ask question in the royl court?'

Karna, 'It's my brother whom you are punishing, so we have the right to know what prove do you have against him.'

Bheesm called a person. adhirath and Karna were stunned to see he was none other than Surath, a person in their village. He was a greedy person and did not like Adhirath but his son wanted to learn from Shon so he secretly came to their house.

Surath, 'Mahamhim that Shon and his brother had many scripts. I think they stole it from somewhere. They also tried to force my son to commit sin by teaching him Shastras. But I saved my son and as an ardent follower of laws I came here to inform you. I have my son here as well, you can ask him as well.'

He had his son with him. His son was a good person and when he came there, he looked at them apologetically.

Surath, 'Tell my son, it was Shon and Radheya who tried to teach you right?'

Surath's son Veer, 'Yes, it was Shon who taught me but Radheya Bhai was not there, so I am not sure about him.' 

Karna was angry, 'Veer, why are you lying? And Mahamahim. don't punish my brother? If you want punish me as I am his elder and it was my idea.'

Shon, 'No, my brother has nothing to do with it. He was saying this to protect me. And I did not do anything wrong. Vedas are God's words and we all are God's children and we all have the rights to know about him and worship him.'

Kripacharya, 'You fool, how dare you do such sin, you by committing such act not only threw yourself in the fire of hell but also put the entire kingdom in danger. Now only the Vedagya Pandits can clean this sin.'

Dansh was a senior and a teacher in a Gurukul. He never liked the lower class people so he instigated others and said that the entire kingdom could only be saved when they gave Shon a death sentence.

The guards tied Shon and forcibly took Shon outside. Adhirath and Karna pleaded with Bheesm to leave him but everyone turned a deaf ear towards his plea. Minister Vidur exclaimed that to eradicate the sin they had to execute Shon in a manner that could be an example to everyone. Karna tried to run towards his brother to protect him but the soldiers tied him up. 

Flashback ended

Lord Parshuram, 'What happened then?'

Karna, 'Mahamahim Bheesm ordered the soldiers to pour molten gold in his mouth. I told them that it was my idea to learn Shastra but my brother, just to protect me took the entire blame upon himself. Lord Parshuram, my brother was so brave that before his death he just uttered, "How long you are going to deprive us? One day the flame will turn into a fire. The gold which you used to kill me in the name of Dharma, one day it will turn into a lava to destroy the entire foundation of Hastinapur."  You know he just screamed when they poured the molten gold on his face. That day I realized, how Dharma can turn humans into animals. How the wicked priests used our greatest fear for Gods to commit such crimes and used our ignorances as their shields.'

Both the teacher and student stood for a moment in silence. Lord Parshuram in his life saw many evil things but Karna's experience shook a seasoned warrior even like him to the core. Mentally he was saluting this kid's endurance. Then he asked, 'What happened then?'

Karna, 'The priests were not satisfied even after brutally killing my brother. To make an example, they dragged my brother's body to our village and threw him on my mother's lap. They also warned everyone, not to help us in any way. Mahamahim Bheesm also exiled us from Hastinapur. That day had changed me completely. Gurudev, I never bowed in front of anyone except my parents and now you. But that day I begged for their mercy. I bowed in front of them to save my brother who was just a kid then. But they and their stupid Dharma. I saw my brother's mangled dead body that day. I saw my mother's lap smeared with his blood. His scream still haunts me Gurudev. That day I realized that in this world being powerless is the greatest sin and I will gain power so that whatever happened to us, shall not happen to anyone. That day I decided not just to learn weaponry but also to be the best in it.' 

Then he took out a small urn from his bag and showed it to Lord Parshuram, 'This is my brother. The day I add his killers' blood in it, that day I will submerge his ashes in Ganga. You gave your student the training to kill innocents in the name of Dharma, now I want the same training to protect innocent from him.

Lord Parshuram, 'No I am not going to give you the same training as I gave him. ......I am going to make you better than him Karna. My son, remember one thing, in this world there is nothing called best, so try to be better. As for Bheesm, if you want to eradicate all the injustice, then you have to be stronger than both Bheesm and Drona. I gave them the training to be a warrior but I failed to make them human. A true warrior should protect every poor and deprived one's, not to torture them.'

Karna was overwhelmed, 'Thank you Gurudev!'

Parshuram, 'But Karna you have to promise me that you shall try for the betterment of the entire society. You shall bring all the deprived ones from darkness to light. If you failed to do so, I will curse you.'

Karna, 'Gurudev, I promise you in the name of my mother Radha that I am devoting my entire life to eradicate the social disparity and protect the innocents. I will never, ever discriminate among anyone who deserves justice. 

Parshuram, 'Vijayi Bhava, but from now on, your training will be extra hard. You are going to face a Devputra so sometimes you have to face the Devs also. But always do whatever is right. And to do that you need knowledge of Shastra, politics, economy and law. You need another teacher for that.'

Karna, 'But who will take the risk to teach me. Not everyone is as brave as you.'

Parshuram,' But I know someone who is as rebellious as you and me and he was one of the teachers of the greatest king of all. He is none other than Brahmaguru Viswamitra himself.'

Suddenly someone said from behind, 'So you got your Guru, I am impressed, Karna.'

They turned to see Sage Viswamitra was standing behind them.

Sage Viswamitra, 'Pranaam Lord Parshuram, I knew it that only Karna can break your vow to teach only the Brahmins and Devputras.'

Lord Parshuram, 'Bheesm showed me how wrong I was about Devputras. The day he tarnished a woman's honor, that day he shamed me and my teaching. And Karna he taught me how the poor and lower caste people are suffering. So now I will rectify my mistake. Thanks, Guru Viswamitra for sending him here.'