Judgment delivered (I)

The next day, Magadha

Entire Magadha was agitated and tensed about the judgment their Maharaj was going to pass against the Hastinapur warriors. Even the courtiers of Magadha Royal Court also tensed about the upcoming event. Vishnugupt, Eklavya or all other people who were close to Maharaj Karn were also perturbed. Though they lived with Aditya for many years but it seemed that still they did not understand their Maharaj. Yesterday evening Karna called them and asked about their opinion regarding Bheesm and others. Though Eklavya, Vishvanu and other young warriors wanted some gruesome punishment for the Kuru princes and other HP Royals for attacking them without provocation. But Hiranyadhanush, Vishnugupt and other experienced ministers understood that if they kill the princes then it would create an adverse effect.

Vishnugupt, 'Maharaj, now we have an upper hand but HP still has many alliances. Entire Aryavart believes that the Pandavas and Bheesm are DEvputras and they are here on earth to protect mankind from evil. HP uses its spy networks quite well to spread this kind of propaganda.'

Pandit Ramananda another elderly minister said, 'Yes, prince Yudhistir is a darling to Brahmins Maharaj. He donated much wealth, cows even lands to the Brahmins to please them. So they always sing to his tune. So if we do anything bad to them the Brahmins will rebel against Magadha. 

Hiranyadhanush, 'And Maharaj, you know how easy it is to instigate everyone in the name of religion. Common people will be scared and turn against you. Drona and Aswatthama are Brahmins and it is forbidden to kill Brahmins. '

Eklavya, 'So what will we do? Treat them like Royal guests and then send them back to their kingdom? They are either Brahmins or Devputras so can't do anything to them?'

Gajraj, 'If we just let them go, then everyone will think that we are scared and weak. Other kingdoms will attack us again.'

Vishnugupt, 'Maharaj, I am not telling you to spare them, but don't kill them or do something that can give HP royals a chance to instigate rebellion against you.'

Karna looked at them blankly and then asked everyone to leave except Vishnugupt. Then he asked, 'Vishnuguptji, then what is your suggestion?

Judgment day morning,

Karna was standing on the bank of river Ganga looking at the rising sun. He was contemplating his talk with Vishnuguptji, Krishna and Yamini. He was very confused even after all of them tried to show him the proper path but those whose words soothe his heart were Yamini and..... Shon. Yes, he saw Shon in his dream. For the last many years whenever he felt pain or confused about his decision, he saw Shon. Shon helped him to choose the proper path. Even last night he saw his youngest brother. 

Flashback,

Karna was sitting in lotus position on the floor of his room. He knew that killing Bheesm would not be a wise decision but how long could he make his brother wait? In fact, he even could not kill Bheesm because of his boon....Oh God, why those undeserving always got boons? His brother was still waiting for Moksh, he was still carrying his brother's ashes with him...but now he was so close...

'Bhrata,' someone called, Karna opened his eyes to see Shon was standing in front of him.

Karna (emotionally), 'Shon, Anuj you here? Anuj you don't need to suffer here for long. Soon you will get Mukti from this pain.'

Shon, 'Brother, who told you that I will be in peace after Bheesm's death. His death is not my goal.  I can only get attain peace when you fulfill my wish to bring change into society. As long as the poor people are oppressed in society, as long as they are deprived of their basic needs, I will not attain moksha. Bhai, just be killing Bheesm you will get revenge, but I need justice, justice for all. I want equality for all, so if you want to give me peace, change the society...'