Most awaited revenge?

Magadha border, evening

Karna was standing in front of the river Ganges at the border. From his spies, he came to know that Hastinapur army was coming along with their allies. Karna knew that he was strong and had many divyasatras but Bheesm was also no less. He needed to use his entire knowledge and strengths to fight his opponent who could go toe to toe with the incarnation of Vishnu himself. But the main thing that worried him most was his mens' safety. Hastinapur was coming with a large army and his men were believing in him. It was his responsibility, he taught them to fight, to protest against injustice. Now they had to fight against their biggest foe, Bheesma and Hastinapur. He knew that Bheesm was a great strategist and warrior, they also had advantages over them by their number. The only upper hand Magadha had on them was their knowledge of the terrain. Karna was thinking, 'To fight with Hastinapur without losing too much of my people, I need Dwarka's help.But they did not send us any information about their help. Both Magadha and Hastinapur were almost equally powerful and we cannot win over each other completely without losing too much of their men or resources. But for me, my men were most precious while for Hastinapur their pride was most important for them. So they will not stop until they completely destroy us. How am I going to save them...?'Suddenly he heard a screeching sound and an eagle came and sat on his shoulder. Karna was shocked and saw that a letter was tied to his feet. Karna opened the letter and read the content.

Later, Magadha camp,

Karna called all his ministers and warriors,

Karna, 'Look Hastinapur army will reach the border today afternoon. Their soldiers will be tired so they will not attack us today.'

Eklavya, 'Then we should attack them soon.'

Karna, 'No we not. We shall wait for them on the uphill. As we will on the top of the hill, then we have advantages over them, We can easily use our archers to stop them from proceeding further.'

Gajraj, 'But for how long we are going to sop them?'

Karna, 'Just for a day.'

Vikramjit, 'Maharaj, we all have full faith in you but what are you trying to do?'

Vishnugupt, 'I think I know what you are trying to do Maharaj.'

Karna just smiled and said, 'Just wait you yourself will see.'

Next day, Magadha Border,

Both the army was ready to fight. Hastinapur army was ready to attack while Magadha army was gathered on an uphill where they formed a 'half moon' Vyuh. After Shanknaad, the Hastinapur army marched towards to Magadha but to their astonishment, Magadha army was not moving but held their ground. When HP army reached near the uphill suddenly they heard a Shankhnaad and then thousands of arrows were showered on them. Bheesm was shocked due to the sudden attack as this type to attack. According to his spies, till now the new king of Magadha used Tribal warfare and guerrilla attack to defeat them. So Bheesm thought that they might not be able to fight in the open field. But seeing the Vyuh and his war strategy he realized that the new king had good knowledge in strategies and warfare. But still, he had more soldiers which would be beneficial for him. Also he was Gangaputra Bheesm, even Lord Parshuram could not defeat him. So he could defeat that Adharmi Suta king. So he ordered the soldiers to use their shields to cover themselves and attack. So the soldiers used the shields and started climbing to the hill. But suddenly the Magadha army started rolling burning logs and threw hot waters  to the HP army. The fire and scorching liquids burned the soldiers. Bheesm took his bow and release agnivaan to the soldiers but then another arrow came towards him and nullify his weapon. To his surprise, someone launched Varunvaan to destroy his weapons. HP army continuously tried to breach Magadha armies Vyuh but the disciplined Magadha army was not moving an inch. Today HP army was fighting for victory which had nothing to do with them. They were just soldiers who got money from the king, so they were fighting for him. But the Magadha army was fighting for their independence, their freedom, their honor. So they did not leave an inch of their soil to those invaders. This continued for an entire day and then the sun set so they had to stop the fight.