Marriage proposal

Note- Really sorry for such a long break as I was busy with some family issues. Also my account was hacked which is a real mess. But now I am in much better condition to update. So thanks for waiting.

Arjun

Almost eleven and half years passed in Arjun's exile. Arjun was well aware of his eldest brother's intention but knew it was not the proper time to get angry. Since childhood, they had learned the value of unity. If the five brothers got separated, then it would be a disaster as none of them had the capability to develop or run a kingdom alone. Also, his mother was always deprived of her right and it was their duty to make their mother the rajmata of a big kingdom. So even in his exile, he tried to make alliances. He got the news that his brothers were gaining alliances through marriage. However, none of the kingdoms from where they got their brides were that strong to stand in front of Hastinapur, let alone Magadha or Dwarka. Yudhi married Shivi princess Devika and coronated her as the Royal queen of Indraprastha. But Shivi which was once a big and powerful kingdom but now lost its former glory. Nakul married to Karenumati, the daughter of Chediraj Shishupal. Shishupal was a good ally who had a deep hatred for Krishna and Karna for killing Rukmi. Sahadev married Madra king Dutyiman's daughter Vijaya who was also his childhood lover. However, this also created a problem as Vijaya was a distant cousin of Nakul and Sahadev and that was why Madra king was not very happy with the union. So he severed all ties with his daughter for marrying her own cousin. So, just because of Sahadev's foolishness, now Pandavas lost a good alliance. But the most hilarious case was Bheem's marriage. Bheem wanted to abduct Kashi princess Valandhara from her swyamvar. A huge swyamvar was arranged in Kashi but the actual political motive was different. Kashi was once a prosperous kingdom but now its economic condition was not good. Kashi once followed strict Varnashram and their was  many rules against the working class. So many people left Kashi and now their economy was completely wasted which even forced the Brahmins and Kshatriyas to leave as without money or resource no one could survive. So the current ruler wanted to change the condition of the kingdom and for that he needed a strong alliance and a proper change in the society. The new Kashi king Haridravan knew that there were only two kingdoms that could help him salvage his kingdom and they were Magadha and Dwarka. He already made an alliance with Magadha after losing the battle with HP and Magadha. So he asked for some help from them as he knew that the new Magadhraj was a good king who unlike HP royals, always respected the allied kingdoms. Magadha agreed to help them and Karna sent his representatives there. Interestingly his minister Gajraj had developed a nice friendship with princess Valandhara due to their common liking for animals. Valandhara was a worshipper of Bhumidevi and had good knowledge of the treatment of animals. King Haridravan was well aware of his daughter's choice and had no problem with Gajraj's caste as he himself was tired of the futile practice of Varnashram. Also he knew that through Gajraj he would gain a stringer alliance with Magadha and Atavik tribes. Though Gajraj was not a royal but at least he was better than those Kshatriya kings who considered women as breeding stocks. While among Ataviks, at least Gajraj's tribe strictly follows Ekpatni dharm. So it would be good for his daughter as well to marry Gajraj. But his family had a practice of arranging Swyamvar, so he decided to arrange a swyamvar and invite Gajraj there. Bheem unaware of Kashiraj's intension also decided to go to Kashi for the swyamvar. Yudi and Sahadev both knew that Kashikanya Valandhara would never marry him intentionally as he was an uncouth, dimwit person and Valandhara was famous for her knowledge and wisdom. So they asked Bheem to kidnap her from swyamvar before the ritual started.

On the day of swyamvar, Bheem sat on the throne along with other suitors. Then the dasi's accompanied a maiden wearing royal jewelries and clothes but her face was covered with veil. Bheem being Bheem without thinking anything jumped from the seat and declared, 'I, Pavanputra Bheem is abducting this woman. If anyone dares to stop me will meet Yamraj today.' Saying, he threw the woman on his shoulder and jumped on his chariot. The suiters all remained seated stunned while the Kashi soldiers never even tried to stop him. When Bheem's chariot left Kashi, Kashiraj said, 'Esteemed guests, I ma sorry for the free entertainment you have seen by the great Kuru Prince but don't worry, the swyamvar is about to begin. Let me introduce my daughter Princess Valandhara.'