Aditya- the savior

3 years later, Jalalpur forest, Magadha

The local Oraon tribal chief was running through the forest area. Behind him, a group of soldiers was chasing him on the horses. The young chief Vishvanu was the best runner of his tribe. Since childhood, no one could catch him. But this was not a friendly competition whereby winning he could get the best fruit or the best hunt. This was the matter of his life and death as the soldiers who were chasing him were the guards of none other than the King of Magadha- Jarasandh. He knew if he was caught, then it would be a fate worse than death. After all he was not only a tribal man who according to the high-class city dwellers was nothing more than an animal, but also he was one of the trusted companions of the most wanted man of Magadh.

Vishvanu was running for quite sometimes but he was tired. He knew the path inside the forest but the soldiers were continuously tailing him. At last he could not run anymore so dejectedly he stopped. The soldiers surrounded him and one of them mocked, 'What happened you dog? Tired of running?'

Another soldier said, 'We can catch you long time back, but it was really fun to chase and hunt you down like the animal you are.' All other soldiers started laughing. One soldier jumped down and came near Vishvanu to arrest him.

Suddenly they heard a loud noise. The sound was so intense that the entire area reverberated and everyone fell on the ground because of the vibration. Now it was Vishvanu's turn to laugh. He said, 'You are wrong soldiers. In this game, I am not the prey but the bet to lure you to the predator. In a jungle, there is just one alpha and now he is coming to hunt you down.' Before the soldiers could react, an arrow came near them and it turned into a net and caught all of them. The soldiers tried hard to break free but the net was seemed made of steel and could not budge. Then from the forest around them, a group of men came out. All of them were the people from local tribes or poor people from the city who because of their king's tyranny were forced to hide inside the forest. Among them, there was one man who was completely different from others. He was taller than everyone with a well-built, athletic body. Even after staying under the sun, he was not tanned but was glowing like gold. He covered his face with a cloth, only his eyes were visible and those were burning like fire. The soldiers recognized him immediately, he was none other than Aditya, the vigilante. The man said, 'What do you think soldiers? We are fools who will just run to save our lives. It was us who took you here. While you were chasing our friend we were all around you. If you tried to harm him before, all our arrows will make thousands of holes in your body.' Saying that he ordered the men to tie those soldiers and brought them with him.

Aditya and his men took the soldiers to the hidden camp

Aditya and his men took the soldiers to the hidden camp. That place was well hidden from all the soldiers and king's spies. All tribal leaders also came to punish the soldiers. Everyone was waiting for the judgment. All the poor, tortured men were burning with rage as the soldiers not only looted their money, crops but also kidnapped their children, dishonored the women of their families. So they all wanted to just tear the soldiers apart.