| one ; back home

the shadow in the light

chapter one; back home

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"it is often that in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

KIM Y/N STARED OUT THE WINDOW, sighing as she waited for the jet to land in south korea, her birthplace. how long had it been since she left her country? a year? a year and a half? she couldn't remember anymore.

y/n was coming back from america where she was assigned to be. since she did not belong to any guild, the korean hunters association personally took over her exchange. ever since her awakening at the age of 16, y/n had found herself constantly at the association. she was very close to the chairman of the organisation, go gun hee.

she found herself looking at him as a father figure. after losing both her parents to the jeju island third raid, go gun hee took care of the girl. he taught her how to use her powers in place of her parents. the korean hunters association was practically her second home.

it was currently evening, at around five, and she was feeling tired. going back home and rest was what the s-rank hunter wanted to do. however, she had to report back to the association. with the countless reporters she'll face at the airport, no doubt will the country know that its tenth s-rank hunter has returned home.

"miss y/n?"

the hunter hummed, turning her head to the side to look at the owner of the voice. a smile graced her lips when she saw it was her assistant, park baek-hyun. he was younger than her by a few months. baek-hyun was a young and dashing man. many girls often found themselves jealous of y/n for having him as her assistant.

"we'll be landing in five minutes," he informed.

"thank you baek-hyun," she replied before nudging the seat in front of her. "take a seat."

baek-hyun nodded his head, carefully moving up and sitting down on the seat. he smiled at his boss, clasping his hands together. "are you excited to be back miss y/n?"

she lightly laughed, smiling at him. "i guess i am. i miss the feeling of korea."

the two looked outside and realised the jet had begun to descend. everyone on the jet sat down as they waited for the pilot to land. y/n's heart begun to thump faster as she felt herself growing excited. once the pilot gave the announcement that they were now back in korea, baek-hyun and y/n got up from their seats.

baek-hyun grabbed y/n's suitcase from above before smiling, "are you ready to go?"

she nodded her head and followed her assistant, going down the staircase that connected the jet to the ground. baek-hyun led the way but made sure to keep close since the airport would surely be crowded. the bodyguards stood around the two to ensure their safety.

immediately, they were all greeted by the countless flashes from the cameras. thankfully everyone was wearing shades so the flashes wouldn't affect them.

"miss y/n! how was your stay in america?!"

"miss y/n did the experience in america feel much different from korea?!"

"were there any huge gates that needed to be taken care of?!"

yep, this was definitely home. the s-rank hunter thought to herself.