| twenty ; the ant king

the shadow in the light

chapter twenty; the ant king

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"the brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

a/n: seeing comments from the last chapter, i'll try to make the chapters more longer! also, updates may be more often since i no longer have lessons except for getting back my exam results! today will be a double update!

"urgh!" the stench of the beast had caused hae-in to double over. y/n looked at her in worry, before looking back to the beast.

y/n looked at it in fear. she couldn't move. the pressure from that beast was that terrifying. this was no ordinary beast. the atmosphere was shifting rapidly.

the ant narrowed the distance between itself and the korean hunters quickly. its movements were so eerily quiet that goosebumps automatically rose up on their skins. it stared at the dead queen in silence, not showing any interest in the hunters just yet.

the ant suddenly raised his head and began screeching a beastly howl so terrifying and loud that the entire ant tunnel began shaking from the reverberation.

everyone was forced onto the ground from the pressure, but hae-in managed to still stand. her legs were visibly wobbling and she looked at y/n with fear. the ant turned to look at the hunters, as if expressing its anger at the death of the queen.

hae-in did her best to calmly move her hand towards the hilt of her sword. however, the ant was faster than her, giving hae-in no time to defend herself. it appeared in front of hae-in and y/n within the blink of an eye, slamming hae-in into a far wall. blood sputtered from her mouth at the impact and she powerlessly fell to ground, rendering unconscious.

"hae-in!" y/n shouted. the ant turned to look at her and y/n felt herself shaking again. it looked at her for a few seconds before moving to ma dong-wook.

ma dong-wook raised his shield but the ant easily destroyed it with a punch. the ant increased its strength just for a bit, and in a few moments, both of ma dong-wook's arms fell off. the ant seemed to target everyone else first, leaving y/n behind for last.

yoon-ho transformed into a beast again and pounced onto the ant but it disappeared before him. jong-in screamed as he got ready to cast a spell, but the ant had cut his upper torso diagonally. as jong-in fell to the ground, tae-gyu ran as he got his shot ready.

he fired his arrow at the ant. somehow, the ant snatched the flying arrow and snapped it into half easily. the ant appeared by him before he could grab another arrow and struck tae-gyu in the face.

the ant was caught off-guard when ma dong-wook dashed forward and shouldered it away. the ant rolled on the ground before using its claws to stabilise itself.

"even if you rip my arms off...as long as i have hunter byeong-gu, it won't be an issue!" he shouted. ma dong-wook punched the ant but it grabbed his leg and flipped him over. it continued to flip him, causing ma dong-wook to go unconscious.

the ant paused in its attacks as it realised that there was a healer who was hidden. it looked at byeong-gu's direction before disappearing in the blink of an eye.