| thirty three ; hwang dong-su's end

the shadow in the light

chapter thirty three; hwang dong-su's end

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"kill your darlings, kill your darlings, even when it breaks your egocentric little scribbler's heart, kill your darlings."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

jin-woo stood on top of a skyscraper that afforded him a view of the entire city. his eyesight, enhanced to extreme heights through his perception stat, began scanning the city from the streets right below the skyscraper to the residential homes located in the far-off distances.

his hearing was focused on the noises his shadow soldiers picked up and pretty much all of them were just useless idle talks.

the bastard who kidnapped jin-ho and baek-hyun was s-rank hunter hwang dong-su.

jin-woo's eyes flashed a dangerous gleam as he continued searching.

if anything, y/n would have reached them by now and started fighting.

***

"still no news?" thomas questioned.

"no, sir," one of his subordinates answered with a darkened complexion.

the frowns on thomas andre's forehead grew deeper by a level as he let out a frustrated sigh.

could it be that he's not afraid of death?

hwang dong-su was an s-rank hunter. surely he should be aware of the difference between him, y/n and sung jin-woo.

but even then, he still went ahead and did something incredibly stupid. he knew that thomas would step up on his behalf.

perhaps i've been too kind to my hunters. thomas wondered as he dialled laura.

"laura, how's the situation?" he asked.

"with the hunter bureau's cooperation, we've analysed mister hwang's movement patterns over the past month. there were a total of three instances where he strayed from his usual path of activity," laura answered.

"send all our guys there," thomas ordered. "i'll head out now, too."

"yes, sir," laura responded.

"how did you manage to convince the hunter bureau, laura?" thomas questioned.

"i told them that if we don't find hwang dong-su, you, y/n and sung jin-woo may collide."

in the hunter's bureau, things were absolutely in a frenzy after what laura had informed them.

"all members of the scavenger guild are on the move!" adam white shouted as employees scattered around in the office.

"all 100 of them?!" the deputy director asked.

"all scheduled raids have just been cancelled. all hunters are moving right now," adam informed him.