| twenty one; the end of jeju island

the shadow in the light

chapter twenty one; the end of jeju island

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"each day my love grows deeper, deeper than i never thought before."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

the ant king made the first move by slamming its fist into jin-woo's face. jin-woo seemed to have disappeared as the floor cracked from the impact of the punch. jong-in used his cape to shield himself as he shouted, "a mage should never get close to their enemy!"

"i think he underestimated the ant's strength and got hit in the face instead!" yoon-ho yelled.

the dust settled down as everyone watched in anticipation. the ant king then spoke, "you are weak...you must not be the ki-"

everyone's jaw dropped when jin-woo's figure reappeared. the reason why the floor had cracked was because jin-woo had stomped the floor to withstand the hit. a cut was visible on his cheek as he spat out some blood. the ant king was surprised at it but had no time to react.

jin-woo activated ruler's authority and forced the ant king onto his knees. he reeled his arm back before punching the ant king back. the ant king slammed into the wall again from the impact.

tae-gyu, the cameramen and ma dong-wook watched jin-woo in shock. they quite literally had their jaw dropped. the ant king punched jin-woo again who did the same afterwards. the exoskeleton of the ant began to crack as it realised it was losing in a battle of strength.

the ant king checked its waist and saw it was cracked open. jin-woo was easily cracking its exoskeleton. the ant king turned its head for a brief moment but jin-woo took the opportunity to punch him again. the ant king staggered unsteadily and managed to regain its balance before taking a step back. however, the follow-up punch was already coming towards him.

its head faced the ceiling as it shot a murderous glare down below. when it snapped its head back down, a poison needle was fired from its mouth. a tip coated in deadly poison attached to the tongue-like tentacle shot out like a bullet.

the needle scratched jin-woo's cheek and he fell onto his knees. poison? jin-woo thought.

"you tried your best human. now die." the ant said and went to punch jin-woo but was stopped by his very hand. "w-what the?!"

jin-woo smirked before throwing another punch at the ant. the ant screeched as it crashed into another wall.

———————
YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY BEEN DETOXIFIED!
———————

jin-woo looked at the ant in curiosity. i could tell that the beast felt happy, was it because i was poisoned? the ant is beginning to feel nervous, but so are the hunters.

y/n's bloodied state reappeared in jin-woo's mind and he remembered that she and hae-in would be gone if he doesn't end the battle as quickly as he could. he didn't want to leave things on a sour note, he wanted to apologise for hurting her that day.

jin-woo sprinted towards the ant king who was trying to push itself off the ground. he jumped up in the air and kicked down. the ant king disappeared before the kick could reach him. jin-woo looked up and saw it flying. it solely relied on its speed now, seeing as that was where its true strength laid.