| thirty eight ; enchanted to meet you

the shadow in the light

chapter thirty eight; enchanted to meet you

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"i've known it from the moment that we met. no doubt in my mind where you belong."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

right below the ginormous gate, a sea of people stood in shock and curiosity. many had their smartphones out, recording the gate and uploading it onto the internet.

the first gate to appear in the sky in the history of the world.

"i am currently under the gate that covers the skies of seoul, south korea. the gate that you are seeing right now is the biggest gate that has ever existed since magical beasts started appearing! as you can see, there are many citizens outside to witness the sight of the case, but their expressions are clearly not the brightest... this is nick powell from BBN news, signing off."

doctor belzer had made his introduction onto the channel that scheduled a program for the gate.

"i have been warning the authorities about the enormous amount of magical power that was gathering in the skies, a few days ago. the gate that's appeared in seoul is just the beginning, and we can expect such gates appearing in the skies of many different countries."

the emcee for the program looked at doctor belzer in shock, "so you mean that these strange occurrences may happen in multiple places?"

"that is exactly the point i wanted to make," doctor belzer agreed.

"you have been researching gates and magical beasts for a long time. what do you think would be the wisest response we could take in this situation?" the emcee questioned.

doctor belzer sighed as he looked at the audience, "pray. pray that this won't end as a tragedy."

݃*₊TIMESKIP
∘* ˚.

y/n and jin-woo stood on kaisel's back as they neared the gate. as they grew closer to it, it looked more like an endlessly-stretching lake than an actual gate itself.

jin-woo had his arm behind y/n's back as he reached out towards the gate. she watched as the gate didn't allow him to enter. she tried it as well to prove a hypothesis she made.

when the gate didn't allow her to enter, her hypothesis was proven correct. an awakened wouldn't be able to pass through the gate. this gate was different from all others, so would that mean that the things waiting behind it be different than the beasts that have previously emerged?

just then, jin-woo's phone began ringing. he answered the incoming call, facing y/n as she looked at him with concern.

"hello? manager woo jin-chul?" jin-woo called.

"yes, hunter-nim. i can't really hear your voice very clearly right now, shall i call another time?"

"no need. i'm actually high up in the air right now with y/n. right, i should be calling you chairman woo jin-chul now."