| fifty ; you and me, always forever

the shadow in the light

chapter fifty; you and me, always forever

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"a successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

a/n: smut ahead in this chapter. if you're not comfortable then please skip (it's towards the end of the chapter)

ONE YEAR LATER...

"are you ready, sweetheart?" ye-jin asked with a smile.

"a little nervous," y/n answered with a shaky exhale.

"i understand. i felt the same way on my wedding day," ye-jin chuckled.

"what if he doesn't want to get married with me? what if he changes his mind-"

"calm down, sweetheart," ye-jin breathed out, holding her daughter's hands. "everything will go as you two have planned. besides, jin-woo isn't the type of man who would leave you. he's the type of man who would stay, even if you told him to leave."

y/n looked at her mother before nodding her head, "you're right. i need to stop overthinking. i'm going to get married to jin-woo, just like we planned."

"that's the spirit," ye-jin smiled lovingly. just then, a knock was heard from the door of the bride's dressing room.

"is the soon-to-be mrs sung ready to get married?"

y/n instantly calmed down after hearing her father's voice. she smiled and spoke, "come in, dad."

the door opened without hesitation and in came min-jun, wearing his famous royal blue and gold outfit.

"dad, are you trying to steal my spotlight on my wedding day?" y/n grumbled since it'd be a lie if she said that he didn't look good.

"what? it's your wedding day, it's natural i wear my best suit. it just so happens to make people love me," min-jun replied nonchalantly, adjusting his sleeves.

"ah, that suit brings me back to when i first met your father. our high-school was hosting its annual ball and your dad came up to me with that suit, asking me to be his date in front of basically the whole school," ye-jin sighed dreamily. "it was surprising. your father was the most popular boy on campus and i was just a girl who had always been in the same class as him."

y/n looked at her father skeptically, "is this some sort of popular-boy-quiet-girl love trope that you made come true?"

"believe me, it was cliché," min-jun said. "god, your mother was so obsessed with books. the first time we ever met was when i saw her struggling to grab a book. i helped her but she merely gave me a disgusted look before walking away. i was very much offended."

ye-jin chuckled, "i didn't like you because i didn't get why so many girls were obsessing over you."

min-jun scoffed, "my dear, i know you're not blind. can't you see my face? clearly i have the looks."

"yes, but i never knew you that well so i just disliked you. that was until we got paired up and basically got closer. i grew feelings for him, and so did he. then, he finally asked me out during our ball."