| four; raiding with him

the shadow in the light

chapter four; raiding with him

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"new friends are like new adventures. you never know what lessons they will teach you."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

jin-woo yawned as he ruffled his hair, still tired from the little amount of sleep he got that day. it was around noon, and jin-woo was getting ready to pick jin-ho up. jin-woo stepped outside of the complex and was greeted by the sight of jin-ho in shiny golden armour.

"you took a cab with those?" jin-woo asked, referring to the headpiece he was wearing. "i was planning on picking you up."

"eh, hyung-nim is the one helping me, so i should be the one to come over. let's depart!" jin-ho announced. they then enter the car which jin-ho brought and began making their way.

"on the way there, let's pick someone up," jin-woo said.

"huh? who?" jin-ho asked.

"you'll see," jin-woo replied with a grin. "there may be a special guest too. well, that depends on whether they really have no friends."

half an hour later, the two hunters were nearing song-i's place. jin-ho grabbed his phone and called her. "song-i, come out. i'll give you a lift."

"song-i?" jin-ho questioned. "by song-i, do you mean..."

"right," jin-woo answered.

once they arrived, jin-ho spoke up again, "we've arrived, hyung-nim." that was when he quickly turned around to face jin-woo. "hyung-nim, do i have to start calling song-i as sister-in-law from now on?"

"what?" jin-woo asked as he began to sweat. he looked back at the d-rank hunter, "she's just my sister's friend."

just then, song-i came out from the building. she looked cheery with her hair tied up. instead of wearing a hoodie and a cap, she wore more casual and bright clothes, a white long-sleeved shirt and a green vest along with jeans.

"good morning oppa and raid captain!" she greeted cheerfully.

"ah, hello!" jin-ho greeted back.

"did you get some sleep last night?" jin-woo asked her.

"i was unable to get some sleep," she answered with a smile.

"you must be tired. get some rest in the car."

"how about you, oppa?"

"just a quick nap. it was already past 4 am when i got back home."

"well..."

jin-ho's face turned horrified as he replayed the words in his mind.

night?  unable to sleep?  tired? he got home at 4 am? and he said she was just a friend of his sister...!

"uhm, hyung-nim?" jin-ho called.

"yeah?" jin-woo said, as he looked at jin-ho.

"han song-i is a minor."

"and?" jin-woo asked, his face clueless at what jin-ho was getting on.

"...nevermind."

he's not normal. i shouldn't judge hyung-nim with my ordinary standards...