| forty six ; arrival of the dragon king

the shadow in the light

chapter forty six; arrival of the dragon king

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"the best way to predict your future is to create it."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

a/n: solo leveling officially ended. the ending was a tad bit disappointing. what were your takes on it?

"this is our elite army, where we not only have the numbers, but skilled individuals," liu zhigang gave a brief introduction.

y/n looked up at the gate as she summoned kamish's piety, "it's going to start soon."

jin-woo briefly closed his eyes as he summoned his shadow army. the entirety of the army appeared behind jin-woo in an instant, shocking liu zhigang with the mass.

"are they all your summons?" the male asked.

"yep," jin-woo said with a nod.

beru walked up to them with an overwhelming aura, "the left of the king is my place... who dares take my place beside the king?!"

"he's on our side," jin-woo told beru with a nudge.

"so you're capable of communicating with them..." liu zhigang muttered before a shout interrupted him from his thoughts.

"the gate's opening!!"

jin-woo instinctively slipped his hand into y/n's hand as they looked up at the gate cracking open.

but even though the gate was now fully open, nothing came out of it.

"it's strange... i don't feel any presences from the gate," bellion suddenly said.

"what?" jin-woo murmured. "what about the other locations?"

"according to the other shadow soldiers, they all appear to be the same," bellion answered.

jin-woo turned around, his eyes widened when he realised his mistake. he assumed that the monarchs would divide up their army based on the number of gates around the world. but in actual fact, they had gathered their forces in the gate furthest away from him.

"tell me what's going on in canada immediately!"

***

jay mills, the leader of the hunters in canada stood in front of the opening gate with a proud grin.

"to think that everyone is mindlessly relying on hunter sung jin-woo and kim y/n," he muttered to himself.

just like the other gates, nothing came out of the gate much to everyone's surprise.

"huh?"

"i thought demonic beasts would start pouring out of the gate."

"were hunter sung jin-woo and kim y/n bluffing?"

it was then, jay mills sensed something coming out from the gate and silenced everyone. he glared at the gate and soon enough, something did appear. it seemed rather humanoid, like a person.