| thirty ; the end of the tokyo gate

the shadow in the light

chapter thirty; the end of the tokyo gate

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"know thy self, know thy enemy. a thousand battles, a thousand victories."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"you'll help me? you, a monster, will help me, a human?" jin-woo scoffed and glared at him. "i already have the help i need. besides, do you seriously expect me to believe that?"

"then i'll make you believe me," the man said.

at once, the man began to chant some kind of spell as his lips moved at an incredible speed.

at that moment, jin-woo felt sensed the magical energy present within the arena suddenly coagulate around the man. in the blink of an eye, he summoned out his daggers.

————————
[KING OF GIANTS, THE SOVEREIGN OF THE BEGINNING, REGIA, HAS ACTIVATED THE SKILL: 'PLEDGE OF HONESTY (DEAL).]

[ONCE THE 'SKILL: PLEDGE OF HONESTY (DEAL)' HAS BEEN GRANTED, BOTH THE INITIATOR AND THE ACCEPTOR CANNOT LIE TO EACH OTHER.]

[WILL YOU ACCEPT THE 'PLEDGE OF HONESTY (DEAL)'?]

YES / NO
————————

jin-woo looked back at y/n as she saw his screen. she looked up at him and gave him a nod.

"yes, i accept," jin-woo said.

————————
['PLEDGE OF HONESTY (DEAL)' HAS BEEN FORMED.]

[BY THE MUTUAL CONSENT OF BOTH THE INITIATOR AND ACCEPTOR, BOTH PARTIES WILL BE UNABLE TO LIE TO ONE ANOTHER UNTIL THE CONTRACT IS TERMINATED.]
————————

"release me from my seal. i will help you," the man repeated.

"right... i completely believe y-"

y/n looked at jin-woo curiously. his voice didn't come out at all. it was as if his throat had been blocked off.

seeing jin-woo's struggle, the man smiled, "yes. that is the power of the pledge of honesty. the curse prevents you from lying."

"i see," jin-woo responded. "more importantly, why is it possible to freely converse with you, unlike other monsters?"

"monsters?" the man repeated.

"the monsters that come out of the gates," jin-woo said.

"ah... you mean the denizens of the chaos world." the king of giants cracked a mocking grin. "well, i also have a question. how could you even think if placing mere denizens of the chaos world on the same pedestal as the monarchs who rule over them?"