| six; unseen system

the shadow in the light

chapter six; unseen system

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"you must be the change you wish to see in the world."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"i see, that is very advantageous for you mister jin-woo. being able to level up and get stronger every time. in no time, you'll be stronger than me and the world."

jin-woo hummed as they walked further down the hallway. it was so quiet other than the sounds of their breathing and footsteps. jin-woo rubbed his head in irritation as he said, "it's so dark."

"i can help brighten up the way," y/n replied and grabbed something out of thin air. it was a glowing stone that was carved expertly and beautifully.

"what's this?" jin-woo asked.

"it was something my parents bought for me when i was younger. i was always scared of the dark. it's ironic really since my powers relate to light," y/n answered with a laugh. "whenever they tucked me in, they would place this stone right next to me. it was like a protector of sorts."

"where are your parents now?" he asked.

y/n pursed her lips, "they're dead."

jin-woo's eyes widened in shock. "i'm sorry, i didn't know."

"it's okay. i'm getting over it slowly. my parents wouldn't want me to get stuck on the past and instead focus on the future," she smiled. "oh, there's a door right ahead. we must be nearing the end of the hallway."

once they stood at the door, jin-woo pushed open the door for them. his eyes widened as he looked at the scenery in front of him.

"a field-type dungeon?" y/n questioned.

"i didn't expect the dungeon to be a field-type," jin-woo admitted to her. "did the dungeon recreate the entirety of seoul?"

"well, at least we know there's at least 10,000 demons in this dungeon."

———————
YOU CAN OBTAIN ONE SOUL PER DEMON, BUT THERE ARE DEMONS WITH MULTIPLE SOULS IN THE UPPER FLOOR.
———————

"will a week be enough..." jin-woo muttered as he dropped the bag he was carrying.

"you gave yourself a week as an excuse?" y/n asked with a slight smirk. "a little too cocky aren't you?"

jin-woo smirked back as he looked at her, "but with you here, i'm sure we'll finish in a week."

y/n smiled and walked nearer to him, "admitting that i'm kinda strong aren't you?"

jin-woo merely showed her the incoming enemies with his hand, "go ahead and show how strong you are."

"don't mind if i do," she answered. out of thin air, a sword appeared in her hand.

the way she is able to put items in and out of thin air, she definitely has an inventory like me. however, she's not able to see the system. it's more like an...unseen system. it's there but she has no clue of what it is.