| fifteen ; his return

the shadow in the light

chapter fifteen; his return

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"no amount of time and space can separate you from the people who are meant to be in your life. they will always come back."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"there's some kind of commotion." goto ryuji, an s-rank in japan, said. "there's something strong here at the airport."

"stronger than goto-san?"

"i'm terribly sorry. i was late due to the crowd," an association employee said.

"it's fine. is there something going on in the airport?" ryuji asked.

"a hunter from the united states came to south korea on personal business. it's nothing to worry about."

"let's go."

݄݃*₊TIMESKIP
∘* ˚.

"are you sure you haven't gotten stronger? because frankly, i feel a new sense of power from you," gun-hee whispered to y/n as they walked to his office.

"maybe i'm following jin-woo," y/n whispered back with a grin.

gun-hee chuckled as he knew she found it amusing. he opened the door to his office and sat down, waiting for goto ryuji to appear.

a knock was heard soon after and goto ryuji appeared with a young woman next to him.

"my name is hanekawa and i will be in charge of translating. i will relay goto-san's words from here on out," she said. "due to the disaster that occured a few days ago, we have decided that we can no longer neglect jeju island anymore. hence, we promise our full-fledged support to south korea."

y/n immediately turned her head to focus her attention to the guests in front of her. she felt as if something was wrong, and she absolutely hated that feeling.

"in short, the reason why i came here is...how about we unite and create an allied force of elite hunters?" ryuji proposed.

"are you saying that you would like to create an allied force and attack the ant colony?" gun-hee repeated in disbelief and shock.

"that's right," ryuji said.

gun-hee sighed as he continued, "i know that japan's top hunters are excellent but it's too dangerous to enter jeju island."

"since it's an s-rank gate, we have prepared a suitable plan for it." ryuji replied. hanekawa immediately moved up and passed a stack of papers to gun-hee.

"this is the data we collected from investigating the ants."

"each ant is as strong as a top rank hunter, but they have a fatal weakness. it's their lifespan. the ants have a lifespan of one year."