| seventeen ; japan versus korea

the shadow in the light

chapter seventeen; japan versus korea

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"among my stillness was a pounding."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

a/n: i apologise for not updating for two weeks. i was having my final exams for the year but i finally finished today. hence, here are two chapters published as payment, the second chapter will be published a sometime after this.

ma dong-wook was quickly engaged in a battle with kenzo tanaka who was encouraged by the fact ma dong-wook was a worthy opponent for him.

lim tae-gyu quickly spun around as he detected one of the hunters coming straight at him. minoru hoshino was his name and he was very fast.

"creating distance is my specialty," tae-gyu said to himself before summoning an arrow with his hand. "so are long-ranged attacks!"

minoru quickly turned his body away, narrowly missing the arrow. the arrow instead landed right in front of the remaining hunters of japan, catching them off guard.

y/n looked around, noticing hae-in was fighting against the female hunter from japan. she felt a sudden change in the mana atmosphere and quickly ducked.

her eyes met kei's as he had sent an icicle in her direction. y/n quickly jumped away when the floor underneath her grew cold.

a wall of ice stood at her previous position. had she not moved, she would've definitely been stuck.

he's a mage-type hunter and uses ice magic.

"speed increased by 15," she muttered and immediately sprinted towards kei.

his eyes widened as he tried to back away but was immediately stopped when y/n flung him down to the ground by his wrist. she grinned as she looked down at him, pointing to his wrist that she was holding. kei sighed, knowing he lost.

just as she was about to hold out her hand for him to take, another body was flung towards her. she groaned when she felt her back harshly meeting the ground. she sat up, coughing and looked at everyone else's status.

ma dong-wook and lim tae-gyu were eliminated, leaving her, hae-in and yoon-ho to the rest of japan's hunters.

hae-in had quickly eliminated the female hunter when she touched her back. y/n got up before running towards hae-in, calling out her name.

y/n's eyes widened when she spotted kumamoto atsushi lurking behind hae-in. y/n quickly grabbed hae-in's hand, pulling hae-in behind her.

she quickly defended herself and used ruler's authority to manipulate the mana around kumamoto, pushing him back to create some distance.

the force had been so great that it had pushed kumamoto several metres into the wall. his face was bloody from the force and his back ached in pain.