| eleven ; cha hae-in

the shadow in the light

chapter eleven ; cha hae-in

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

love is friendship on fire

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

vice master of the hunters guild, cha hae-in. one of the two female hunters that are s-ranks.

she's at least on choi jong-in's level, maybe even higher that. she may also be on a similar level to y/n and go gun-hee. jin-woo thought as he watched her walk next to y/n.

hae-in suddenly stopped, turning her head in jin-woo's direction. y/n stopped as she waited for the younger hunter, "hae-in, what's wrong?"

"i just felt a strong presence but it disappeared without a trace..." hae-in muttered. she suddenly grabbed her handkerchief to prevent herself from vomiting.

y/n grabbed hae-in's hand with a smile, "come on, let's go grab a bite."

hae-in nodded her head and followed y/n to a small cafe nearby. jin-woo sighed in relief once they were gone.

she's sharper than i thought.

the foreman of the mining team turned around and announced that it was time for them to enter the dungeon. jin-woo stopped in front of the gate, admiring the splendour of the a-rank gate he was going to enter.

"what's wrong mister sung? we should go in!"

"yes, sir!"

when jin-woo entered the gate, he felt wind gushing at him. he realised that it was no ordinary wind, but in fact waves of magic energy. it had to be coming from the boss.

"have you guys heard? the new recruit is e-rank."

"what? they recruited an e-rank?"

"that's right."

"what on earth was the team leader thinking? can an e-rank even control their strength properly."

"that's what i'm talking about."

"i'm not sure if we can finish work on time today."

jin-woo deadpanned as he faced the wall. e-ranks are faced with discrimination wherever they end up. well, it's not like i'll be sticking around for long.

"hey, let's pick up the pace!" one of the workers shouted. he had a bigger build than jin-woo.

he walked past jin-woo, bumping his shoulder on purpose. "don't just stand there when the path is so...!"

the man's eyes widened as jin-woo glared at him. it was as if a dangerous light was emanating from his eyes. he began panicking as he felt pressured by jin-woo's aura.

"n-nevermind, it happens from time to time," the man stuttered and watched jin-woo walk away.

is he really an e-rank?

"one, two!"

jin-woo stood in front of a corpse, watching the others drag it on the vehicle.

"you must be stunned since this is your first time experiencing an a-rank gate."