| epilogue

the shadow in the light

the epilogue.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"real love stories never have endings."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

A FEW YEARS LATER...

rays of sunlight entered the room through the gaps between the curtains. the loud and repetitive sound of the alarm rang out throughout the room, waking the couple up.

y/n let out a groan as she moved to lay on her side, shutting the alarm with her hand. her eyes opened halfway before she went back to the source of her warmth. arm on top of his stomach, y/n nuzzled her head on his chest as her leg tangled with his.

jin-woo, on the other hand, was now fully awake. his eyes fluttered open as he let out a yawn, looking at his dim ceiling. he looked down, smiling as he kissed the top of y/n's head.

"morning sweetheart," jin-woo's morning voice greeted her as he shifted to face his wife.

"not now, woo," y/n grumbled as she now huddled her face to her pillow.

jin-woo chuckled as he kissed y/n's lips, "the kids will wake up at any second now."

"i know..." y/n mumbled as she dozed off.

jin-woo pursed his lips before he went on with his usual routine to wake her up. he quickly hovered above her, smiling as he moved her face to face his. immediately, he began leaving kisses all over y/n's face, beaming when y/n began giggling.

"all right, i'm awake now," y/n said with a sigh.

"works every time," jin-woo replied with a smug grin.

y/n sat up, much to her dismay, while jin-woo got off the bed. he looked behind and said, "you can take a bath first. i'll handle the kids."

"thanks babe," y/n smiled and headed into their bathroom.

jin-woo exited the bedroom as he turned to his left, walking down the hallway. he stopped in front of a white door and heard crying from behind.

jin-woo swung the door open, and to his surprise, he saw his three-year old son comforting his one-year old daughter.

"hyunnie, big brother's here," su-ho said as he grabbed his little sister's favourite dinosaur plushie and placed it in the crib. "here's nana."

hyunnie was su-ho's nickname for his little sister. her real name was sung hyun-joo. she inherited y/n's personality, as well as her eyes. she had the same hair as jin-woo, much to y/n's dismay since su-ho was basically jin-woo's carbon copy.

"looks like you've got it under control, su-ho," jin-woo spoke, alerting his son.

"dad!" su-ho exclaimed with a smile.

"come on," jin-woo said. he carried hyun-joo with his left arm before holding su-ho's hand with his right.

"what do you want to eat today?" jin-woo asked as they walked down the stairs.

once they reached the kitchen, the trio were greeted by the sight of beru and igris standing at ready.

"what shall my lieges be having today?" beru asked.

🎉 You've finished reading ❛ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ❜ ━━━ (𝘀. 𝗷𝗶𝗻𝘄𝗼𝗼) 🎉