| seven ; ruler of the lower floors

the shadow in the light

chapter seven; ruler of the lower floors

are you enjoying this story? do let me know in the comments :D i'd love to interact with you when i update hehe <3

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"in this world there is always danger for those who are afraid it."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

WASHINGTON, UNITED STATES BUREAU OF HUNTERS

"is that him?" the bureau of hunters deputy director asked as he stood behind the one-way mirror.

"yes, sir."

never in a million years would they expect for someone to walk out of a dungeon, alive at the least.

"did you figure out the man's identity?" the deputy director asked.

"he's claiming that he's a hunter from south korea," the man next to him answered.

they both looked at the man in the room. his hair was unkempt and he had a messy beard. a pair of handcuffs bounded his wrists together as he sat alone.

"how did a hunter from south korea come out of a dungeon on the other side of the earth?"

"he's claiming he was stuck in the dungeon when the gate closed ten years ago and found himself in the united states when he opened his eyes."

the deputy director sighed in frustration. such an incident was not expected and not only did he come out of an a-rank gate, the attack force compromised of a-rank hunters were helpless against him.

"is that all the information? why aren't you gathering more?" the deputy director asked.

"we highly suspect that he's a monster with human memories. without help from an s-rank hunter, the entire washington capital might be placed in danger." the man said. "after checking with the scavengers guild, there's two s-rank hunters in washington that are fluent in korean. scavengers guild main hunter, mister hwang and hunter y/n!"

"hunter y/n went back to korea just a week ago. is mister hwang on the way?" the director questioned.

"he recently finished his business in korea and is on his way back."

"the interrogation will continue tomorrow morning then." the deputy director said before stopping himself, "ah right. what was the man's name again?"

"the pronunciation is a bit hard but his name is sung il-hwan, a south korean hunter."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"that's it, i'm dead. you can do it," y/n waved to jin-woo as she dropped dead to the floor. looking at the vulcan's guard and vulcan itself, she felt like she could no longer do it.

"i'm dead jin-woo, dead! i've been fighting for hours non-stop. i am tired!" she complained.

jin-woo looked at her with no interest. he sighed and bent down next to her, "repeat after me. show stats."