| eighteen ; fighting with him

the shadow in the light

chapter eighteen; fighting with him

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"sometimes it's not the butterflies that tell you are in love. but the pain."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

y/n looked at jin-woo with worry after what hanegawa said. goto ryuji wanting to fight jin-woo? the fight could end up in many different ways, each of them being worse than the other.

instead of being scared or even tense, jin-woo had smiled at the question. he said some words to hanegawa which caused her to jump in shock.

turning to goto, hanegawa said, "goto-san, hunter sung jin-woo has accepted your challenge. however, he has a condition."

"what is it?" goto asked.

"he said he will only fight if goto-san gives him his all." goto's face immediately changed. his eyebrows furrowed in disbelief.

"fine by me. shimizu, make sure to take care of the injured." goto reminded and walked to the centre of the gymnasium.

before jin-woo got up, he was immediately pulled back by y/n's hand. his gaze softened when he looked at her.

"promise me you'll be careful," she said. "don't go too overboard with your powers."

"i promise," jin-woo said. "and to make it up to you, i'll try to teach him a lesson in place of his hunter."

y/n smiled as she shook her head, "how sweet of you, but there's no need. you can make it up to me by making sure not to kill him."

jin-woo leaned down and kissed her forehead before walking towards goto. hae-in, yoon-ho and dong-wook approached y/n who was still sitting down at the bench. hae-in sat down next to y/n, asking her about her leg. yoon-ho stood next to y/n while dong-wook sat on the floor.

"so, you and jin-woo eh?" yoon-ho asked with a grin.

"i've told you, they're in love. they just haven't told each other yet," hae-in continued with a smile.

y/n groaned in embarrassment and felt herself blushing. "can we please focus on the fight and not jin-woo and i's relationship?"

"hmm, all right," yoon-ho rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "still, hae-in, are you alright despite being around all these hunters?"

"well, it's not like i can just cover my nose all the time when we get to jeju island," hae-in sighed and shrugged her shoulders. "i just have to get used to it for the raid."

"i'm so excited for the match though," y/n said with a smile.

"of course, it's your boyfriend. it's only natural you're excited," hae-in teased her once again.

"hae-in!"

jin-woo looked down at the floor, "alright, let's get started-"

goto's hand immediately went straight for jin-woo. jin-woo easily avoided the attack by tilting his head.

you're telling me he's a mage type hunter? that's bullshit. goto thought to himself and sent multiple punches to jin-woo.

goto attempted to attack jin-woo once more but he missed again. jin-woo smiled at goto, causing goto to feel angry.