| twenty two ; the ruler and the shadow monarch

the shadow in the light

chapter twenty two; the ruler and the shadow monarch

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"there is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"y/n..."

y/n heard a voice, looking around in oblivion. her surroundings were completely dark, she couldn't feel or see anything.

"y/n... follow the light."

"what light?" y/n asked out loud.

"behind you."

y/n looked behind and saw a flicker of light. she walked towards it and it began to grow bigger. her curiosity peaked when she arrived at the light. it towered over her and she had to cover her eyes with her hand as it was very bright.

"touch it, and you will find answers to your powers."

y/n lifted her hand, eyes in a daze as her fingertips grazed the light. it began pulsing with each second, growing brighter and brighter until y/n had no choice but to turn away.

when she turned back to the front and opened her eyes, she realised she was in a garden. the sky was casted a rosy hue while a gentle breeze swept along the grounds. white pillars stood on the ground, and a pond laid in the middle.

y/n's eyes narrowed when she spotted a young woman standing near the pond. she wore light clothes, consisting of mainly a white dress with a necklace around her neck. she had blonde hair with rose gold highlights.

she was ethereal. she could've easily been mistaken as a greek goddess because of her beauty and clothing style.

"hello y/n," the woman whispered. even despite her being far away, y/n could hear her well.

"where are we?" y/n asked.

"this is my domain, why don't you come here?" she asked. y/n had no time to answer since she found herself being pulled by an unknown force. y/n stood next to the woman who was attending to her flowers.

"these are asters, they're beautiful, aren't they? it's believed that they were created by the tears of the greek goddess, astraea," the woman spoke.

"yes, they're beautiful but why am i here? why did you call for me?" y/n asked impatiently.

"be patient young one," the woman whispered with a smile. "come sit down."

y/n sat down next to the woman, having her guard up in case she tried to do anything. the woman smiled after noticing it, "now there's no need to be careful around me y/n. after all, i gave you your powers."

y/n's eyes widened at her words. she was the one to give her, her powers? "what do you mean?"

"the clip you're wearing belongs to me. well, used to anyways. i'm the one who created your powers and passed them onto you with the system. i'm the ruler who helped create the system," the woman said. "my name is lucia."

"were you there that day? that voice that whispered to me during the jeju island raid?" y/n questioned.

"of course," lucia smiled. "your life was in danger, and i had to do something. so, i gave you another power of mine. but by doing so, you have become known to the others."