| ten ; chairman go gun-hee

the shadow in the light

chapter ten ; chairman go gun-hee

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

life is beautiful not because of the things we see or do. life is beautiful because of the people we meet.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"dad!" y/n exclaimed and immediately went to hug him.

"ah, my daughter that disappeared for a week," gun-hee said with a smile.

y/n blushed as she rubbed her neck in embarrassment, "might have forgotten to inform you too."

jin-woo looked at the two hunters interacting with curiosity. jin-chul, having noticed this, leaned towards him, "the chairman is y/n's father figure. as such, the chairman treats her as his own daughter too."

"hunter sung jin-woo?" the chairman asked. jin-woo felt the strong aura emitting from him, and easily noticed how y/n's aura was similar to his.

"nice to meet you, i'm chairman go gun-hee. please have a seat," gun-hee said and pointed to the couch opposite his.

y/n sat next to jin-woo as she waited for them to converse with each other.

despite being over the age of 80, he has a build that reminds me of retired pro wrestlers. not to mention that he's an s-rank. he's not normal. jin-woo thought to himself.

"i would like to congratulate you on becoming an s-rank hunter."

jin-woo tilted his head, "but there's still a reexamination left."

"to tell you the truth, the reexamination is useless. a precise detector is to help us segment the results. it's not a tool to help us measure outside the scoping range. even if it was possible for us to measure past the current range, it would still be impossible to distinguish between an s-rank, ss-rank and sss-rank."

"then why...?"

"are you asking about the existence of the re-examination procedure?" gun-hee asked with a smile. "it's to buy us time."

"buy time?"

"as you may know, the hunters association doesn't have many talented hunters such as chief woo jin-chul. well, with the exception of y/n who's basically part of us but refuses to have her name under us." gun-hee said while looking at the said hunter.

"i'm not going to belong to a guild or association. i'm a hunter that's able to do whatever i want," y/n reasoned with them.

gun-hee chuckled as he continued, "who would want to join the association when the top guilds can ensure them fame and large salaries."

"there are people who can name every core members of the top guild's raid team but there aren't many that can name jin-chul despite being a top class among the a-rank," y/n said. "that's why they created this little trick to meet with talented hunters."

"i will get straight to the point. since we're not an enterprise, we cannot promise you a lot of money. but we can help you go down a different path."

"what are you talking about?" jin-woo asked.

"we can help you flourish on a different path. it's what we've done with y/n. similar to her, if you were to join one of the top 5 guilds, the balance will topple and chaos will come." gun-hee stated.