| twenty nine ; the monarch of giants

the shadow in the light

chapter twenty nine; the monarch of giants

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"he that fights and runs away, may turn and fight another day; but he that is in battle slain, will never rise to fight again."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"we don't have the space to transport all the patients! we can only take three to four at most!" a soldier shouted.

the doctor sighed as he shook his head, "you've got to be kidding... we have more than ten patients who are unable to move."

"we cannot afford to worry about people who might die at any moment! the giants are heading this way, you will die if you stay!" the soldier shouted back.

"i cannot abandon the patients." the doctor stood firmly. "my wife and i promised to protect them until the end."

hearing the determination in the doctor's voice, the soldier sighed in return.

"...in that case, i'll stay as well. i cannot run away knowing that there are civilians," he spoke. "first, we should take cover inside..."

the soldier's voice died down as he stared at the giants looming behind a building.

"i-it's a giant! shoot!"

the soldiers all began to fire their rifles at the giants. it barely did any damage as one of the giants continued to move towards them, its hand outstretched.

"no!" the soldier shouted as he moved to protect the doctor and his wife from the giant.

it was at that moment that a huge explosion-like sound was heard. out of nowhere, a massive naga slammed into the giant without warning.

"what in the world..." the soldier muttered in fear as he stared at the naga wide-eyed.

"this is too dangerous," a new voice said. "we'd better move out of here. this place is too close to the hospital."

the soldier turned to the voice, his eyes widening even more at the sight of jin-woo. above the doctor, a few rocks began to crumble and free fall towards him. jin-ho was quick to take out his shield, effectively protecting them.

"i'll stand by while helping these people get evacuated," jin-ho said. "by the way, where's miss y/n and baek-hyun?"

jin-woo pointed to the second giant that was lurking behind the first giant. y/n stood before it, crossing her arms at him as she judged it. the giant had continuously attempt to grab her but she merely jumped out of the way. baek-hyun had multiple heart attacks because of how reckless she was.

"i think i'll take you out with one strike," she muttered and summoned her sword out. she jumped onto the giant's arm, running towards its neck. she jumped into the air, swinging her sword and created a wave of light, slashing its neck off.

the body dropped onto the building baek-hyun was standing on, destroying whatever remained. baek-hyun was quick to jump away before glaring at her. y/n nervously laughed as she looked at baek-hyun, profusely apologising to him.

as jin-woo took care of the other giant, y/n and baek-hyun jumped down to where jin-ho was. y/n observed everyone, making sure that they didn't get new injuries.