| forty seven ; meeting between brother and sister

the shadow in the light

chapter forty seven; meeting between brother and sister

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"i wanted to believe in him, even if he would destroy me in the end."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

a/n: i apologise if this chapter's quality sucked. i've been tired/drained as of lately and school is starting in two days time (the fourth of january) so i'll expect myself to be quite busy. but i'll still update the book in my free time everyday.

ps: i couldn't find a quote that suited antares and lucia's relationship so this "quote" is lucia's impression of her brother.

antares stood on a building as flames and smoke rose around him. the smell of blood, the screams of people, the scene of destruction all occured around him as he stood dormant.

his dragon army was not solely responsible for it as beasts from the chaos world was also brought with help from the two remaining monarchs.

'they have been silent ever since. just what're they planning to do?' antares wondered as he shifted his gaze forward.

just as he did so, countless missiles rained down upon him. the building he was standing on exploded from the missiles. with that size of the explosion, the pilots were sure that they'd hit him.

their efforts were in vain once the dragon king revealed its true form, showing them what true terror was.

"how boring," antares commented.

he opened his maw, releasing the breath of destruction upon the humans as he yet again, easily rid of thousands of lives.

݃*₊TIMESKIP
∘* ˚.

jin-woo and y/n sat on the thrones beru created for them to feel like royalty. well to the shadow army, the couple were their true king and queen.

"my lieges..." beru muttered from jin-woo's shadow.

"we know," jin-woo said.

"it's far too dangerous, my lieges," bellion said as he rose up to the surface from his side.

"i share their thoughts as well, my lieges," igris said as he appeared next to y/n.

"we know you're worried about our safety," y/n acknowledged as she patted igris' shoulder. "sometimes, we can't let danger prevent us from what needs to be done."

"ashborn said that he liked this aspect of y/n and i. if he and lucia were put in the same situation as us, i wonder what they would've done," jin-woo commented.

"they wouldn't have let anything stop them from doing what needs to be done," y/n added with a smile.

bellion looked over to jin-woo and y/n. for a split second, he saw ashborn and lucia in them. he saw how similar they were to his previous rulers.