Anxiety

"Do you know where Jisoo is?" I say as I approach the girls at the pool.

"We thought she was with you." Rosé looks at me worried.

"What's the problem?" Lisa arches an eyebrow knowing there's more to it than what I'm saying.

"She's convinced herself that I don't like her and I don't want her around, since what I most want is the opposite of all of this." I lie down on the chair and close my eyes, moaning in frustration.

"You have to get your girl before someone else does that, Jen. If you wait and don't take action, nothing will change and no one can do it for you, but you." Rosé says seriously.

I keep thinking about her words until nightfall. I get up and start walking along the beach until I see Jisoo and Soojoo sitting side by side, looking out to sea. Romantic date?

"So, what do you intend to do?" Soojoo says.

"I don't know, but I miss her. It's crazy, right?" Jisoo lets out a sad laugh. Is she talking about Sunmi?

"I'm not sure if it's crazy, it depends on your connection level."

"When I return to Seoul, I'll sell my part in the company." she's kidding, right?

"Are you sure about that? Sounds radical, isn't there anyone to take your place?"

"Unfortunately no, there's no one I trust to leave at my place." Jisoo sighs and takes a shell in the sand "Then I'll sell and move."

"Have you decided where?"

"Paris?" she says, so she goes after Sunmi? I can't believe it "I was actually thinking about taking a trip around the world, keeping busy, not thinking about her, not missing her, and maybe finally forgetting about her."

"What about Sehun?"

"He's my best friend, I miss him sometimes, but I hurt him too much, I need to give him this space. I never deserved him anyway, he was too good for me." Jisoo shrugs and I feel a cold wind. "Come on, it's getting cold, I don't want you to get sick." she takes Soojoo's hand and pulls it "Your eyes are brighter than the last time we saw each other."

"Stop flirting, idiot!" Soojoo rolls her eyes and pushes her away while they both laugh. I run across the trail before they see me.

************

The resort's official party is tonight. Jisoo's playing something on her phone, lying on the couch, and I'm reading a book on her bed, until her phone rings. It's Sunmi.

"Hey, maybe I'll visit you soon."Jisoo says and I roll my eyes. "It depends on how the progress of my plans will be, but I'll let you know." she laughs and says goodbye.

"Who do you intend to sell your part in the company to?" I say without looking at her.

"Soojoo." she says as she goes back to playing.

"Are you kidding me?" I stand up and approach her.

"No."

"Kim Jisoo!" I raise her voice and she sighs while blocking her phone. "Are you really going to give up everything because of Sunmi?" I look at her incredulously.

"What are you talking about?"

"I know you like her and all, but don't you think it's too much to drop everything for her?" I say irritated.