Dinner

JK's POV

I'm so bored waiting for one of the works to be finished. I keep swiveling in my chair until I hear a knock on the door. Did Chu come to surprise me? OMG, it would be a dream, because we haven't seen each other for three days. She's so mired in work that I can't even think about disrupting her routine. Workaholic. Argh!

"COME IN!" I say when the knock gets insistent.

"Jennie." Sehun walks through the door and my chin is literally on the floor, I'm so surprised. Of all the people I expected, Sehun would never be one of them. "You look surprised to see me."

"Yeah, something like that." I watch him sit in front of me.

"I have news about your investigation." He sighs and puts the folder under the table.

"Why don't look good?" I feel fear growing inside me.

"Because it's not, it's terrible and worse than we imagined."

"You're scaring me now, Sehun. Shouldn't Jisoo be here?" My voice is broken at the end of the question.

"I'd rather talk to you about it before taking it to her." He runs his hand over his face and opens the folder, taking an envelope and tossing it to me.

I open it slowly and pull the papers out of it, displaying some pictures of Haein and Seungri exchanging bundles of money. In addition to other apparently suspicious activities.

"I know this looks bad, but how bad?" I put the photos under the table, looking carefully.

"Haein's grandfather was one of the founders of this mafia. They started to grow in Japan and developed until they took over much of Asia, so as they needed to launder their dirty money, they created construction companies until they started taking over rival companies whose people owed them and so they have become so big in this field."

I stare at him not knowing what to say. This avalanche of information has managed to completely shut my mind off and I can't get any reaction. I look from the pictures to Sehun trying to find something to say, but nothing pops into my head.

"Jennie, are you okay?"

"I don't know and I think Jisoo should know that, urgently." sigh and put my hands on my head.

"I went to the company, but she had left with Haein and I decided to talk to you first."

"Wait, if their goal is to hook people and take over their company, what does Haein want with Jisoo? It's not like she's going to get addicted to games or anything like that."

"Haein doesn't want Sooya's company."

"What does he want then?"

"Sooya herself." he says with frightening seriousness.

"WHAT?! WHY?!"

"From what I've heard, Haein is used to everyone doing what he wants, as if he were a king. It seems that one of his friends met Jisoo and talked about her, so Haein was delighted to meet her, after they met, conquering Jisoo became almost an obsession for him."

"And where do I get into this shit?"

"He's using your father's mistakes to try to get you away from Sooya, isn't it obvious?"

"Haein must be so angry that he can't." I say thoughtfully "This worries me, how nervous can he be with the situation to the point of losing control and doing something against us?"

"You should worry about yourself." he shakes his head in denial, as if he were reproaching my thoughts "He would never hurt her."

"How can you be so sure about this? You just said he's obsessed with her!"

"Our source was very clear on that" he lowers his voice "Haein gave direct orders and said that no one related to the group is allowed to do anything against Kim Jisoo, so I think that's pretty obvious, isn't it?"

"I'm still scared and worried about everything, I can't trust him" I start to remember the day we were all having lunch together "Haein looks at my Chu like she's a trophy he needs to have in his display closet."

"You're right to worry, every care is too little, but we need to maintain discretion if we want to do something big."

"What will we do? How shall we do? When will we talk to Jisoo?"

"All these files and everything I knew, I made a copy and it's with someone I trust, another copy I sent to a friend in the international police." he says thoughtfully "I'm not sure how long it takes them to act, but it shouldn't take long, especially with the gravity of the accusations and the evidence we've managed to gather, but there's something that worries me."

"What is it?"

"Haein is smart, more than we can imagine. He must already know someone is investigating him, I just don't know how much he knows or if he's sure who's behind it." he sighs and looks tired all of a sudden. Before I answer, his phone starts ringing and he shows me the display, it's Jisoo. They speak for a short time and he stares at his phone after hanging up.

"So? Why are you like that?"

"He found out." He swallows hard and stares at me.

"WHAT?! HOW?!" I get up from my chair in a jump. My heart is pounding so hard and this is all dread.

"Sooya said that Haein decided to make a dinner for some close friends and invited some people besides her, me and you." he shakes his head "And something tells me he found out or he suspects us."

"And now? What do we do?"

"We'll go and pretend we don't know anything. We believe in and like this character he plays when he's around Jisoo."

two more chapters kekekeke