Court Hearing

JK's POV

I've been trying to work for more than two days, but I always end up looking at the papers Jisoo threw at me. The tears have long dried and I feel so empty, it's like I'm a totally hollow robot.

"Stop thinking about her." Lisa smiles as she shoves ice cream in my face and I pat her hand.

"I don't want ice cream, I told you." I sigh and lean back on the couch.

"Right, because your last memory with ice cream was when you were in the park with Jisoo and you two were so in love, in a colorful world and blah blah blah" she laughs "I know this whole story. You must have told me at least 5 times."

"Lalisa, why can I still put up with you?"

"Because no one else could stand you, Nini." She smiles at me and I roll my eyes.

"She hates me?" My voice comes out shaky.

"Who doesn't hate you?" She raises an eyebrow at me. "You deserve all the hate in the world for what you're doing with Jisoo."

"Don't say that, Lisa." I feel a tear wet my cheek.

"You made the wrong choice, Jen."

"I'm trying to protect her!"

"From the debt collectors YOUR father made, not you, Jen. You're sacrificing your one big love and the person who loves you the most in the world because your dad is a dumb addict."

"But how am I going to sleep at night, peaceful, knowing that my parents could die at any time?"

"All parents can die at any time" she shrugs "We can all die at any time." she gets reflective "Jisoo may be dying now and we don't know."

"Don't talk nonsense." just imagining it, something bad and bitter comes out of my mouth.

"You know I'm being honest. Your parents will die as a result of their choices, not because you were to blame." she rests her elbows on the table "I bet he went to the hospital for fear of the loan sharks."

"Lisa..."

"Have you ever stopped to think that after your parents die, you'll be alone and probably destitute? Jisoo will destroy you and will be with someone who knows how to value her as she deserves." She gives a mischievous little smile.

"What are you talking about? Jisoo's not with anyone! I saw in her eyes how hurt she was the day we broke up, she wouldn't get involved with anyone like that." I say irritated.

"Your cousin will be back for a parade or event. All I know is that Jisoo was invited."

"Don't play with me, Lalisa."

"I'm not kidding. Everyone knows Jisoo's single and you know how much she was coveted, even when she was engaged to Sehun." She laughs softly "Invitations to dinners and meetings keep coming, from what I've heard Chae and her talking."

"I don't want to hear this. - I cross my arms irritated."

*****************************

"THIS IS ABSURD!" Jisoo gets up, completely pissed off, at the initial hearing to try to reach a deal.

"Miss Kim, calm down, please. We're just saying it's a possibility."

"I don't care if it's a possibility, that's unfair. She's trying to rob me!" Jisoo points at me and I start to open my mouth, but my father puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Miss Kim, please. Let's analyze everything and do the investigation as correctly as possible."

"Jisoo." Sehun gets up and puts his arm around Jisoo's waist, very close to the ass, by the way. I frown at this. He whispers something in her ear and they stare at each other for a few seconds before she rolls her eyes, sitting back down.

"Great, let's continue." the mediator says and I keep staring at Jisoo.

After the hearing ends, with nothing decided as expected, I'm in the bathroom staring at myself and thinking about Lisa's words.

"DON'T SAY THAT!" Jisoo says on the phone when she enters the bathroom, but stops when she sees me "We'll talk later." she approaches me when she hangs up the phone without waiting for an answer "I NEVER THOUGHT YOU WERE SO CYNICAL!"

I stare at her and she looks ready to explode. I miss her in an absurd way. Her cheeks flushed, her gaze so hot and sexy, I let out a breath at the sight of her rosy lips.

"Won't you say anything? It's amazing, how easy it's for you to have deceived me and I once thought I knew..." I push her against the door and kiss her. She tries to push me away, but I put my hands on her face.

Jisoo rests her hands on my waist, squeezing me and pulling me against her. I bite down on her bottom lip before kissing her again. I really miss it all, miss her.

"Why, Jen?" She whispers breathlessly, leaning her forehead on mine.

"There are so many things I need to tell you, but the main one is that I love you and I don't want your money, I just want you." I slide my lips under hers.

"So tell me, Jennie, give me a reason to trust you again." she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, biting my mouth "I can't live believing you're this person now." Someone knocks on the door and I get scared.

"Jennie, is everything okay?" my father's voice sounds behind the door.

"Yes, of course, I'm already leaving." I say quickly "I'll meet you in your office, tonight, around 9." I whisper softly and she keeps staring at me.

"I don't want to raise false hopes about you. Not again." she says softly, such a sad look on her face.

"You won't, I promise you." I give her a quick kiss before pulling away. "See you soon."

hey, stay safe and drink water, don't forget to vote, pls!